Second Skin Audio

Ascendant audio TEAM Series Sub

Bam Bam

I have seen the FI TEAM series subs but I was curious if anyone has any experience with the AA TEAM sub? How does it sound, how low does it play is it a 4 inch voice coil and what is the most power any has given the sub daily with no issues.

I would plan on giving them 5000 watts per woofer in a ported enclosure.

I found out about the sub yesterday and they look like the Mayhem. I would wonder what the difference is in sound to the Fi TEAM subs. ( No Versus just curious as to the differences) the prices are about the same.

I would like more details on this sub before I drop this much cash them. I would prefer only those with hands on experience or have witnessed the sub instead of hearsay. Thanks!

6 Funky Pup 12's

It's a triple slug vs. the Fi Team sub which is only double slugs. I believe it is 4th order friendly, the Team Fi is not(this may be with addition of extra spiders). I also believe the Xmax is slightly higher on the AA sub since the coil is in the gap a little longer. I believe both will allow the serious application of power to be applied. Real96SS is running the Team Fi and he lives near Fi. He can give you good details in that sub if you ask him. I've heard them in action and he is running 3 DC 9Ks to 6 of them. I would say that is basically 4500 to each, but he's running a full 16V system with a lot of alt power. I would say it's safe to state that he is running more than 5K per sub.

The info I've said is to the best of my knowledge and it MAY be inaccurate, as far as the subs being suited for a certain enclosure type. I do believe that ARE 4" coils as well. I can't imagine any 3" coil taking that kind of power daily.

P.S. Deepsilencer and AA98Hoe will be experts about these subs as well

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Fi stated their TEAM subs are does not perform well in a 4th order enclosures due to the motor force. Since AA sub has more I would imagine it would perform well either.

This sub sounds incredible...5000 watts!?! Yea buddy!!

6 Funky Pup 12's

In for some more opinions. I as well would like to run Team subs in spring and am curious as to any differences enough to notice.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I just wanna know which one will work better in a 4th. I see a few statements are contradicting each other about 4th orders.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I just wanna know which one will work better in a 4th. I see a few statements are contradicting each other about 4th orders.

Contact each place direct as well and ask about 4th orders specifically

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Good friend of mine has a setup of 4 of the 18's in a 4th, they seem to be doing fine in a 4th, and they lol at AB 450.1 at .35 per sub lol

264587_236806519816252_128736675_n.jpg

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived