Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support


Recommended Posts

Posted

My EwREction has rasted moe than eitght owaaa whurr dorr i dooooe?

:rofl:

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Posted

Lol.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Posted

Vehicle: 2001 Cadillac Deville

What I am trying to accomplish: I have the and Alpine CDA-9856 Radio that I want to install for my son.

Problem: The Damn radio don't fit

I have everything I need which is the Mounting plate / Integration adapter and Antenna adapter. Plugged everything in and it works great so all I have to do is put the Damn radio in right :(

Well I cant seem to make the radio fit with the adapter and all in the factory location. I checked it out and it looks like there is a metal support running along the back side and there is no where to tuck all the extra wires no gaps big enough anyway to fit what I need out of the way.

Ray what must I do to make this fit?

Thank you

Posted

cut it out. problem solved.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Ok.... Ap3000

3 type rs ...seats don't fold down...bandpass or ported? I was wanting a bandpass through where the 6x9s are at.... 09 impala....

New to car audio...so sorry for any lack of knowledge or stupid questions.

Posted

cut it out. problem solved.

First thing that came to mind.

Thank's Mr. Obvious

I have the car all day tomorrow guess I'll do some cutting.

Posted

most gm cars actually have something in the back that does that. check the top and bottom and make sure you cant unbolt it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

it pretty much a single piece plastic compartment with about a 1/2" Gap in back where the factory wiring harness and antenna wire come though. There is one bolt in back but appears to be a grounding bolt to the metal support in back. The metal support looks to be pretty heavy duty 1/4" or better. I will just try to cut the plastic out and not touch the support I just need an opening to put the immigration box into.

To my knowledge the previous owner of the car had Best Buy install a radio in the car and they did not need to cut anything. I don't know what kind of radio it was but maybe it was shallow enough that they could put the integration box behind it.

The rest of the install that I plan when he gets the rest of his equipment in will be cake. The Battery is underneath the rear seat which will make for a real easy run of power and ground to the trunk.

Posted

cut it out

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1020 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...