That Loud Focus...USAlternators Hairpin, 4 DD 9515i's in a B pillar on 2 Soundstream XXX-15K's. Caps and Lithium Power. New vids

I don't know the highest vintage you can safely charge at.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I used to charge my ZX3 to 15.7 and never had any issues at all. I would put it on one of the big 180 amp battery chargers and watch that bitch climb up to 15.7 and then take it off. It would still sit around 15.3-4 on a burp and was about .7 db louder than if I didn't put it on the charger before a burp. I ran a Mechman 220 amp alt in the car too, incase you were interested :)

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Nice to now I can push charging up a bit higher

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

would you really want to charge a battery at 15.7 though?

Not on a daily basis you don't want to, but right before hitting the lanes for a SPL competition is the only time I would do so. If you were to charge it at that high of a voltage on a regular basis you would drastically decrease the longevity of the battery. Once or twice a month at a show isn't going to do that much damage, hell I would rather have the extra SPL even if it did since a battery is easy to replace.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

would you really want to charge a battery at 15.7 though?

Not on a daily basis you don't want to, but right before hitting the lanes for a SPL competition is the only time I would do so. If you were to charge it at that high of a voltage on a regular basis you would drastically decrease the longevity of the battery. Once or twice a month at a show isn't going to do that much damage, hell I would rather have the extra SPL even if it did since a battery is easy to replace.

Yea I see. I was just saying from a yes/no standpoint you shouldn't. And if you have like multiple batteries that would get expensive. All up the owner though.

should swap stock battery for a d1400. then you safe for 15.7

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

damn, this blew up haha. Yeah so I demoed the hell out of it at slam yesterday. I was charging at 15.4 all day so that batt is gone haha. goanna put a 14 volt batt under the hood so I will be set. but every single person that sat in it was extremely impressed. its definitely doing some work. me and the avenger would draw a crowd when we were demoing almost every time. its definitely loud. and its about to get louder :ph34r:

the only thing is this car is getting ripped apart. especially on the lows. everything under the car flexes and rattles like crazy. the back doors flap pretty bad as well. but you dont

hear any of it inside the car. so I will be cramming more power into the wall soon here.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Archived