Chris Hammer Posted December 10, 2013 Report Posted December 10, 2013 Someone in here hit the nail on the head...compare a new Nexus..new iphone and new flagship W8 phone... In my experience with phones I have had (none were "flaghsip models" except the iphone) the W8 phone is much better then the other two. Fast, Easy, works, no forcecloses freezing etc, doesnt get hot or warm. Battery life rocks. With battery saver on I went a whole weekend in Vegas without charging and i texted/made calls with moderate usage, and kept data off unless I had to use it. My older android or iphone would not have been able to do that....I barely would make a day with android and apple. Hopefully this keeps getting bigger. Samsung can suck it...bought a TV they made a while back lasted a few months and started acting up....gave em a cal and they pretty much told me I was SOL. stick it to them MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Lbox88 Posted December 10, 2013 Report Posted December 10, 2013 Hopefully this keeps getting bigger. Samsung can suck it...bought a TV they made a while back lasted a few months and started acting up....gave em a cal and they pretty much told me I was SOL. stick it to them Same mindset here, parents had a samsung video cam, broke down after light usage after just a few months and repair shops said good fucking luck getting it fixed and none of them would even touch it. Lost all interest in anything samsung since then, especially since every time my wife/friends get one of their phones I can always top their signal side by side. UBL | Build Log
omg_spoon Posted December 10, 2013 Report Posted December 10, 2013 All my Samsung stuff has been super tough. But is only 3 phones(old flip phone, an alias and s4) and a point and shoot. My camera did sit next to some magnets for a few months. Still works heh. 98 Mustang GTSinger 3202 12" Incriminator Death Penalties1 SAZ-2500dv22 D3100,1 D34002 Crescendo CZ-65SAX-100.2Door panels by Diablo Kustomz
bcpballer64 Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 Your over 500k now btw...funny story...my little brother came up to me and started telling me how he saw a story about the s4s catching on fire and I asked him whi the vid was by and lo and behold it was you op. "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
afro Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 Was going to finally jump off iPhone (just don't care for the bill anymore), only liked the S4... FML
corey0928 Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 If you like the phone just get it. It's not something that happens to every phone. If there wasn't someone on this forum who's phone caught on fire would you even know it happened to some people? There's over 40 million s4s there will be issues on some. *waits for iPhone people to say something.
afro Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 If you like the phone just get it. It's not something that happens to every phone. If there wasn't someone on this forum who's phone caught on fire would you even know it happened to some people? There's over 40 million s4s there will be issues on some. *waits for iPhone people to say something. Completely agreed. And I most likely would have researched when the time came, but simply put I'm just not shopping yet. The S4 caught my eye from a friend, who also has no complaints. But seeing things like this, and the fact that it's not the only instance, makes me lose faith. I'm on my third iPhone and really do like the phone, no real problems with either, except when I jailbroke one. I'm not a fanboy though since a smartphone is a smartphone to me. I need bluetooth, internet, storage, decent camera, an available weather app with velocities included, and typical everyday apps. I've only paid for one app on iPhone and it was well worth it to me, especially when the Moore, OK tornado hit.. That same app is on my buddy's S4. Bottom line, its my understanding that the Android data plans are cheaper since there's not a $25 fee every month per phone.... or hell, maybe there is and I'm screwed with that charge either way
Lbox88 Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 That more depends on your carrier than the phone. UBL | Build Log
ghostlyrich Posted December 11, 2013 Author Report Posted December 11, 2013 http://www.thewp-hub.com/2013/12/nokia-offering-lumia-to-samsung-user.html Did you get in contact with Nokia? we are in contact My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostlyrich Mazda 3 2006 Build (R.I.P) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172728-mazda-3-2006-stealth-build/ Volkswagen GTI 2011 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192979-vw-gti-2011-build/ Jeep 2015 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201493-my-new-jeep-2015/
bcpballer64 Posted December 11, 2013 Report Posted December 11, 2013 http://www.thewp-hub.com/2013/12/nokia-offering-lumia-to-samsung-user.html Did you get in contact with Nokia? we are in contact Dude it sucks that your phone burnt up but you might end up profiting off of this thing. Im genuinely haooy for you man "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.