Sonic Electronix

what amp(s) sub(s) have you blown & how?

Couple of stock speakers from a Chevy Cheyenne on a punch 45hd. Thought I blew an amp or sub one time but replaced the fuse and both worked just fine, weird cause the sub started making a buzzing sound every time the bass hit despite the amp being cold.

never blown an amp but i have blown (2) audiobahn natural sound 12's on a kicker zx400.1 and blew a kicker L3 12 on the same 400.1 have blown assorted door speakers on my factory infinty amp in my car (400692) and have tried to blow (haven't wall socketed it yet) a dual 12 single 4 ohm on a kicker zx1000.1 and that little sucker never failed had it playing a 40hz test tone for like 5 min clipped. gonna just wall socket it when i find the thing in my boneyard

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

also blew 2 kicker L5 12's on a zx1000.1 thanks to clipping and voltage drop

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

1 Fi BTL 18, blew because voltage drop/distortion, and a couple of pairs of 6x8s for the same reason on my 4 channel. In need of a high output alternator.

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

Never had blown anything until this morning. Had to track this thread down after it happened, and Im going to tear them apart today and take pics cause they are un-reconable.

But... My Type S 15's let go this morning on a Soundqubed 3500D.1 at 4 ohms. Smoke rolling out the trunk like you wouldn't believe. Didn't catch the smell fast enough, and I was slappin. I predict that the coils are black and unwound in the gap. but we will find out today.

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

this kinda doesn't count but, 3 years ago i had a assortment of audio stuff. i let my buddy barrow my L512 in a sweet box and a old school Rockford 1200w amp( i think it was 1200w) well 2weeks into the barrow i get a phone call from my friends mom saying Chris is in the er he flipped his car. turns out him and my boy ERic were speeding he lost flipped over 3times and ended up in a telephone pole. (damn near cut it in half) 2weeks after the accident we went to go look at his car,i cant believe they lived!no less walked away. pretty beat up but walking. the box was just dust pieces of random wood, the sub well the sub was folded. the square part that holds the cone was actually folded back over the magnet. he tried to pay me for the stuff but i wouldn't take his money. but the funny thing Is the amp would still turn on. no sound would come out but the light came on. i just had to share that story.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

MTX & ROCKFORD FOSAGTE SUBS:

Old school. MTX road thunder pro 12. Before that a Old School Rockford Fosgate the punch 8". Had it pushed by a Jensen amp, which was my very first amp I ever owned.

MTX & MEMPHIS AMPS:

My S-10 had a blow through and the accordian boot seal broke down causing a leak....my Memphis 1500D and MTX 4320 were on the floor of the cab.......in a small pool of water after a strong FL rain storm.

-Frank

Blew my crescendo 5500 a day after buying. Was too excited and didn't notice that I wired it really low

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

Archived