Yet another HID question

I'm looking on DDM tuning at 35w H7 kits for lows. My question is for the highs. My highs are H4's, do I need separate ballasts for these or what? How can I do both highs and lows? I see options for single bulbs that are high/low but I don't want an empty socket in my housings.

I know there are other brands and DDM seems like the Stinger voltmeter of HIDs, some people swear by them and others think they are junk. Lets not jump on different brands unless you have a fantastic suggestion.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

No big reason other than 35w seems to be preferred in these cars. I could probably make it work though, I'm not sure on it.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/42-volkswagen-passat-b5-discussion/328634-hid-35w-vs-55w.html

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

35 watt runs cooler so them being in stock housing it would be safer. That and 35 watts are plenty IMO.

Talk to the guys at ddm tuning, i'm sure they could answer your questions

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Don't know how I missed that lol....

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

If you are using a projector and a reflective housing, you will have to use two ballasts because there will be two bulbs. The bulb that is high/low is bi-xenon. That uses one ballast. You are correct on the DDM hids. Some people have great luck, and some people get duds. Only issue is that they ship from china iirc and take forever to get a replacement.

I know you didn't want other brands.

Futurevision, top of the line that you can possibly get. Of course most expensive

TRS, damn close second imo, up there in price compared to others. I would prefer them over FV.

I have retro-solutions. Lasted a year and a half no issues at all, okay quality. could be better. not bad though. I felt that the price was fair compared to the quality.

I wouldn't run DDM just because they are like the Tenny of alternators. Sure lifetime warranty, who knows when they will go under. Then again, you aren't out a whole lot of money anyways.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I would keep high beams stock, always have and will. They're there when I need em

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived