Sonic Electronix

well the street he lives on is a neighborhood street lol. its a long ass strip of townhouses. and based on your logic noones word can be believed, meanin this thread is a waste of time lol :D. but on a serious note were just answerin a question. i wish i had some measurin tape to measure exactly how far away i can be heard. thatd be gangsta as hell

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

some people say sound systems are a waste of time and money. eye of the beholder my friend

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Meh, room setup, single 12" sub, 4 10" woofers (2 powered, 2 PR's), 5 1/4" mids, 1" horn tweets.

Heard the bass (maybe some vocals too idk, was playing Hypnotize by Jeezy) about 30-60 feet away with the window open and sound waves travelling in between 2-3 houses.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Never heard my car outside, but my friend's van that we made (153.5 @ 33Hz) could be heard and FELT from massive distances away. It was a weird feeling, you'd feel it quake the ground like thunder and birds would swarm out of trees (no joke!). He took off from my house once with his window down and my windows and roof and everything inside the house was visibly, and audilbly vibrating. Everything was still quaking until he turned it down near the highway, which was a damn long distance, not sure on exact figures but bloody far!

My only claim to fame is being heard approx 2KM away, which is about 1.3 miles on a busy day. I don't want to be heard very far because crazy people go nuts and wave my car down (it happened before) to yell at me to turn it off. If it was dead silent out of the car I could crank it anywhere and nobody could tell!!

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

I got pulled over by a bike cop he said he could hear me coming into solvang and was on the other end of town so thats well over a mile and a half lmao

I was playing on the TL one night, just do some tones. A few days later a guy up the road said that he was in bed one night and that he heard this buzzing as he put it. He went outside looking at his ac unit, thinking something was wrong with it. That was about a half mile away. I never did tell him it was he making the buzzing sound.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I live in SC where there is plenty of open space. I usually would crank it on the way to the in-laws who live in the boonies and they've said more than once they heard 2 songs before I got there :blink::blink: My mother-in-law complained I made her fridge move and her thighs vibrate before I turned it down at the end of the street lol..

I had an argument over the non-directional nature of bass with a guy at my cousins house. He said you would only hear bass if I was headed TOWARD the house. So I drove to the end of the road and called him- they still heard bass. I drove about another 1.5 miles from there and called. I blasted 5 seconds of bass and they said they didn't hear anything. Suddenly he said "holy shit"- appearantly the distance caused a couple second delay and he said he could still hear it fine..

Like I said, there were trees but no real buildings or anything in between, and I know a lot of people tend to have fish stories on this subject.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

A couple weeks ago I had my truck over at a friends house to work on my system. We were inside his garage with the doors all shut not evan thinking about the neighbors. Then several days later I was at the gas station and a guy came up and started bitching at me about knocking pictures off the wall at his girlfriends house at the other end of the block. I told him to hop in and get a better listen but he just turned and walked away.

:rolleyes:

On a different note, it really depends what setting you're in. If your in a town with multiple buildings its, going to be hard to hear you however when you're in open space where the bass can travel without bouncing off concrete walls you're going to be heard from much farther away.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Archived