Sonic Electronix

Pretty damn far. My 2 12"s have to be one of the loudest that everyone tells me. I may take a video later of setup. But ive been heard half a mile away no problem. When I get close everyone says my vocals start to scream and get ridiculiosly loud.

I have noticed a lot of people exaggerate on how far they can be heard. A mile is a pretty far distance to be heard from. On a different note, it really depends what setting you're in. If your in a town with multiple buildings its, going to be hard to hear you however when you're in open space where the bass can travel without bouncing off concrete walls you're going to be heard from much farther away. It also depends on what kind of bass frequencies your subs are producing at the time. I have two L7 15s and people say they can hear me coming a half a mile away.

i think it also depends on a geological location as well (atmospheric pressure)

2000 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

(6) Boston 6 1/2's

(4) Boston SPG555

(2) Rockford Fosgate T1000

(1) Rockford Fosgate T400

truck1.jpg

when i had my wall of 4 12's beatin(it was actually just 2 of the subs cause the other two were fucked up) i had a friend call me and say he heard me and he was in a park a mile from where i was. i was just cruzin down the highway doin 60 and between me and the park are a forest of trees. its amazing how far bass travels.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Nice bro, sucks that you had to find out by a cop tho. Did you get ticketed for it?

yea, i did, it was a $70 fine, plus this was at rod run and i was inbetween a bunch of freakin loud cars, exhaust wise, but o well, it was good for a few laughs :)

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

Meh, room setup, single 12" sub, 4 10" woofers (2 powered, 2 PR's), 5 1/4" mids, 1" horn tweets.

Heard the bass (maybe some vocals too idk, was playing Hypnotize by Jeezy) about 30-60 feet away with the window open and sound waves travelling in between 2-3 houses.

Sick dude, what kind of subs?My room setup can be heard across the street, which is about 300 feet, maybe a little less, and its only 1 type r on about 900rms.

Never heard my car outside, but my friend's van that we made (153.5 @ 33Hz) could be heard and FELT from massive distances away. It was a weird feeling, you'd feel it quake the ground like thunder and birds would swarm out of trees (no joke!). He took off from my house once with his window down and my windows and roof and everything inside the house was visibly, and audilbly vibrating. Everything was still quaking until he turned it down near the highway, which was a damn long distance, not sure on exact figures but bloody far!

My only claim to fame is being heard approx 2KM away, which is about 1.3 miles on a busy day. I don't want to be heard very far because crazy people go nuts and wave my car down (it happened before) to yell at me to turn it off. If it was dead silent out of the car I could crank it anywhere and nobody could tell!!

Thats so sick, 1.3 miles is no joke man, thats a long ass ways away, nice job.

I got pulled over by a bike cop he said he could hear me coming into solvang and was on the other end of town so thats well over a mile and a half lmao

Lmao he was already writting the ticket before he found you :D haha

I live in SC where there is plenty of open space. I usually would crank it on the way to the in-laws who live in the boonies and they've said more than once they heard 2 songs before I got there :blink::blink: My mother-in-law complained I made her fridge move and her thighs vibrate before I turned it down at the end of the street lol..

I had an argument over the non-directional nature of bass with a guy at my cousins house. He said you would only hear bass if I was headed TOWARD the house. So I drove to the end of the road and called him- they still heard bass. I drove about another 1.5 miles from there and called. I blasted 5 seconds of bass and they said they didn't hear anything. Suddenly he said "holy shit"- appearantly the distance caused a couple second delay and he said he could still hear it fine..

Like I said, there were trees but no real buildings or anything in between, and I know a lot of people tend to have fish stories on this subject.

Holy shit! Vibrating her body from that far away! I guess thats what 4 18"s on 12 k will do :D Only something i could dream of doing. Thats insane, if heard the sound of a gun shot a few seconds after it was shot but never a car stereo!!! thats just insane man.

A couple weeks ago I had my truck over at a friends house to work on my system. We were inside his garage with the doors all shut not evan thinking about the neighbors. Then several days later I was at the gas station and a guy came up and started bitching at me about knocking pictures off the wall at his girlfriends house at the other end of the block. I told him to hop in and get a better listen but he just turned and walked away.

:rolleyes:

HAHA! what a pussy! Wouldnt that like destroy your garage?! + house.

Pretty damn far. My 2 12"s have to be one of the loudest that everyone tells me. I may take a video later of setup. But ive been heard half a mile away no problem. When I get close everyone says my vocals start to scream and get ridiculiosly loud.

What subs? setup? Or just a linky to your build log :D. Thats crazy far for 2 12"s, you really know what your doin.

depending on the temperature, humidity, air density, direction of wind, sunset time and how many butterflies flapped their wings in china, maybe 15 feet, 18 on a good day.

Lmao, its ok, thats 2 feet farther than my sisters system in those conditions :D

Sick dude, what kind of subs?My room setup can be heard across the street, which is about 300 feet, maybe a little less, and its only 1 type r on about 900rms.

It's a single KLH Audio E-12DB 12", originally ported, sealed it as it sounds better. :huh: 125w RMS or PEAK, I dunno, alls it said was 125 watts on the box, haha.

Upgrading soon hopefully, dunno what sub I'll upgrade to though.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Guest Nismofreak

1/2 - 3/4. CO cops rock!!! They don't care

o yah people can hear a ton of bass and the floors vibrating. HAHA!!!

Gave a demo at a shop, next thing I know, 15 people wanted a demo and gave me 2 thumbs up!!!

I got pulled over by a bike cop he said he could hear me coming into solvang and was on the other end of town so thats well over a mile and a half lmao

dude me too except i got a f*cking $75 ticket for amplified sound over 75ft. i had my window down and he rode up while i was in the turn lane and put his hand on mine hanging out of the window and said pull into the next parking lot. lol. he said he could here me coming about 1/2m maybe more down the main strip in town, but when he came to my car it was at volume 17 out of 37 (att number) and he said that was loud.

so i paid that sh*t right away and turned it up as i left the police department

edit* its not even being pulled over, its like being flagged down by a worn out messenger in the city :lol:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i once got a ticket cause the cop said he heard my bass thumpin lightly, and as within 10 seconds it was getting louder and louder.. and finally he rolled down his windows, and i didnt turn it down fast enough.. and he said he heard for a ways.. 8 blocks with my windows down.

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

Archived