Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What do you think is good equipment for the buck?


Recommended Posts

Posted

What is the best sub for the lowest price? Don't say like DC or Fi, I know they're good but they're also way out of my price range. I need some that I can get at least a pair plus a 1000-watt amp for $500 or below.

- 1971 C/10 - 250 I/6, NP435, manual everything, old farm truck, single family owned. Massive Summo 6.5" in .93 cubes sealed, on 300~ watts. 

- 1995 Ram 2500 - 12-Valve Cummins, ATS Stage 4 auto; timing advanced, fuel plate and injectors, 4" turbo-back; Pioneer DEH-X6700BT HU, looking at a T-line for two Summo 6.5s on 750~

- 1949 Crosley rat rod project - '49 station wagon body on a '89 Dodge D350 chassis, shortened three feet and bagged w/ triangulated four link under the rear; 1974 Caddy 472 C.I. V8 powerplant, ST400 trans from a '67 Buick Wildcat. All work done by yours truly.

Posted

SoundQubed should be considered.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

in car audio especially

you get what you pay for, you may consider going smaller i.e, 1 sub on a single amp. This way you would get better equipment instead of cheaping out on not so good stuff,

Posted

in car audio especially

you get what you pay for, you may consider going smaller i.e, 1 sub on a single amp. This way you would get better equipment instead of cheaping out on not so good stuff,

This. Or even just save up and get something you'll really be happy with. Worst thing is cashing out 400-500 bucks, and expecting something great and you get it all in and go, "eh.".

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Posted

I agree with Sound Qubed. Great quality for a damn low price. Check out their newest line of woofers man.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

ct sounds or audio technix and as said above id go with a beefier single sub set up

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Posted

Xfl hands down. Mine took 1900 ea like a champ

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

RE Audio should be considered. ...

2003 silverado TEAM DC

Pioneer Avh 5500

4 DC lvl 5 18s

12 crescendo pwx 6.5s

4 crescendo ft1 tweets

6xs d3400s

Singer 400 alt

Skyhigh ofc wires

Skyhigh speaker wires

Smd vm1

2 DC 175.4

DC 10k

bottom-1_zps841868a8.gif

biggains_smd05_01_zpsmzshwldk.jpg

biggains_smd05_02_zpskjra9f1e.jpg

biggains_smd05_03_zpsncvjgng9.jpg

biggains_smd05_04_zpsr7ddubta.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...