Second Skin Audio

Hey guys, this is my first ever post on this form. scratch that, any form ever! so take it easy on me.

Im in seach of adivce or thoughts or comments on what to do with my next system setup. Im currently running 2 American Bass XFL 12's dual 4's off of a hifonics brz2400d (not my top choice but i was on a budget and hey i can't lie, it does the job) wired at 1 ohm, with a kinetik khc 2400 in the trunk to help things run smoothly. Now, i have a stupid pre fab box, and am building a new one sometime in the next couple of weeks, already have the diagram drawn up. My question to you all is i plan on switching to a Sundown SAZ2500D amp, for obvious reasons, the thing is awesome. But I kinda want to sell the XFLs and try out 2 SA12's? what is yalls input? I know the XFLs have more power but that's not a problem becausae the sa12's can take every part of 2500 rms. I just feel as if the SA12's are a better quality sounding sub from what i've heard, and produce better numbers. All thoughts, Comments, Concerns, Stories, and funny jokes are encouraged! thanks ahead guys!

2 American Bass XFL 12's dual 4's wired to 1 ohms ran by a Hifonics BRZ 2400d powered by a Kinetik KHC2400 and 0 gage ran everywhere.

Could you inform a little on what you just said means? haha I can't ask preferences on who thinks whats better?

2 American Bass XFL 12's dual 4's wired to 1 ohms ran by a Hifonics BRZ 2400d powered by a Kinetik KHC2400 and 0 gage ran everywhere.

Could you inform a little on what you just said means? haha I can't ask preferences on who thinks whats better?

Thats about right. Otherwise it turns into a pissing match.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

So should I rather ask what people think of SA 12's and running them on a SAZ 2500D? would that be ok? That's mainly all i want to know, if that's a okay setup and if people have done it.

So should I rather ask what people think of SA 12's and running them on a SAZ 2500D? would that be ok? That's mainly all i want to know, if that's a okay setup and if people have done it.

Yes, that is a better way to ask the question. 2 SA 12's wired @ 2ohm would be perfect on a 2500D

wired @ 1ohm is way too much for 2 of those subs

The amp is to much for the 2 subs

If you watch this link this man used to be my dad, until he gave up his rights, but let's not get into that, the point is thats how i know him, he has 4 sa 12's ran off of 2 saz2500d's, so i know it is doable. He also holds some sort of world record, or some record or something with this system.

Yes, that is a better way to ask the question. 2 SA 12's wired @ 2ohm would be perfect on a 2500D

wired @ 1ohm is way too much for 2 of those subs

I am in no way trying to go against what you say, and i know that is a lot for those subs, just seeing people like my ex-dad in the video i posted running them daily on that amp at 1 ohm makes me want to do it.

Overpowering subs takes planning. A lot of times upgrading subs and then being tuned only to hit that perfect number. Did you ever ask you dad what it took to get to that level. Just because others have done it, doesn't always mean you will. I am not trying to discourage you, I just dont want to see you mad because you spent good money and blue something else. Your dad may have also been running 2 ohm loads at each amp not 1 ohm.

Archived