rear stage ? new 3 way fronts pics

fx4trucker

i am leaning more towards SQ in car i was wundering if it was necessary to run a rear stage ? if i did it would b on an on/off switch but if i dont need it then im not going through all that xtrea work ..

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

Its hard to say weather its worth it or not. I did it, probly my location wasnt best and was wanting a nice SQ sound with rear fill and after the extra $700 and time i wish i hadnt done it but i guess i had to do it to find out i didnt want it. If that makes any sense. Do your research good on what others have done with same vehicle & model. Good luck.

Think of it this way. if you go to a concert is the stage behind you?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Rear doors > rear deck from my personal experience. Unless you have a 4 door or have passengers sitting in the back seat on a regular basis, I'd just keep it to a front stage only, personally.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

It all comes down to taste and preference. I did the rear and notice i hear so much more music missed out on from a front stage only system. So much of the music seems as it is recorded in stereo surround. But if i was you i would check out different systems and see what is more pleasing to your ears.

truthsayer

all of these opinions make sense .. I will do a lot of research on this .. I do have some left over speakers and an amp so I wouldn't be spending any more money on this .. just time and fabrication.

I have 2 sets of eclipse sc8252 5 1/4 components I was going to use .. one set in each door (2 woofers and 2 tweeters) and a realm 4 ch to power them on an on/off switch

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

Think of it this way. if you go to a concert is the stage behind you?

No, but you definately hear a rear ambience ...

... and If you are challenged to completely "recreate" a concert sound ... you will need rear drivers to create the effect.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

if you get your front stage sounds decent you will never want rear stage anymore

all depends on the vehicle in question ...

If you can not get your front stage wide enough (width) ... you will need rear drivers to blend in and help widen your stage just enough to pull your stage beyond the mirrors ...

... Same aspect can be said for a center channel too ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I say build it with an awesome front stage and then put in a rear stage too!

My preference changes from song to song. I would build it where you have the option to use it or not and to actually have a f/r fader.

All I know is, I like the way my system sounds with rear fill. I can't tell that it is there- all I know is I know when it is gone. Follow me?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived