3 way component set cheap

pitbullninja

Your budget ???

Your location ??? Any stereo shops or car audio events near you ???

What vehicle will we be working with here ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Mobile is being glitch y.. sorry for double post but the shops don't carry hertz or focal I want a good sounding system was hoping to get the Crystal clear sound nothing really fancy and I don't like bright tweets I have hearing damage from shooting guns off duty in the military (Mossberg pump) I want allot of mid bass no experience glassing or creating panels.I'm at the point where hiding wire is kinda challenging but I do have a little experience.

^^^^Agree that I'd rather have two decent speakers than three crappy ones.

Not going to find much in a decent 3 way set for $300 unless it's used or missing parts. Then with your skill level you'll be paying that much again (probably more) to have them mounted. Even those cheap Q-form kicks are over $200 a pair now. I'd go with a good two way set. Woofer in the stock door location and tweeter on the sail panel or low in the pillar to start with, then experiment with placement and angling from there.

Static drops are my bag.

For 6 good speakers and 2 crossovers, $300 is not so expensive ...particulary from Focal or Hertz !!!

OP, a 2 way set would be easier to install and to use.
If you're not too handy with tools, but want to have fun, try to find a good pair of mid speakers and a pair of tweeters. Run them each on a dedicated channel of a 4 ch amp, and have fun with a true sound processor to tune the system.

I will try that someday, perhaps ! For now, I'm sticking to a 2 way comp set from Focal. It is in its second car in 8 years and I still love the sound. This set was not cheap (400€, so about $600 !!!) I was mad but don't regret that purchase at all. I have changed everything in my sytem so far, except the focal 165 KP comp set :)

think about it ;)

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived