Joe X Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 I currently have an RE AUDIO SXX 12 powered by a Rockford fosgate t1000.1bdcp in a Nissan Altima with all stock electrical. My system is pretty loud as is, but I'm wanting more. Would I do better by upgrading to a 15 or doing the big 3, etc. I've been looking into a sound qubed hds3 15 or a DC lvl 3 15 as a replacement Go for the 15", it will get louder in the same power you have now. If you upgrade amp, then do the electrical upgrades, the big 3 is cheap so do it anyways, even if you keep the 12".
glo011 Posted January 5, 2014 Author Report Posted January 5, 2014 I currently have an RE AUDIO SXX 12 powered by a Rockford fosgate t1000.1bdcp in a Nissan Altima with all stock electrical. My system is pretty loud as is, but I'm wanting more. Would I do better by upgrading to a 15 or doing the big 3, etc. I've been looking into a sound qubed hds3 15 or a DC lvl 3 15 as a replacement Go for the 15", it will get louder in the same power you have now. If you upgrade amp, then do the electrical upgrades, the big 3 is cheap so do it anyways, even if you keep the 12". thats what I was thinking, that'll be the loudest I can get it without spending loads of cash on an alternator. Any suggestions for a 15? Would it be better to get one in the 600-800 rms rand instead of over 1000 since that's probably all it will get? Also have a t400-4 for the highs so that sucks some power too
kingsuv Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 Since when does going from a 12 to a 15 mean more power? Also when does going from a 12 to a 15 mean it will be louder? The ONLY good advise in here was the upgrade to the charging system. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
glo011 Posted January 5, 2014 Author Report Posted January 5, 2014 Since when does going from a 12 to a 15 mean more power? Also when does going from a 12 to a 15 mean it will be louder? The ONLY good advise in here was the upgrade to the charging system. i have a 110 amp alternator so I can't even push my amps to rms
OrionStang Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 Since when does going from a 12 to a 15 mean more power? Also when does going from a 12 to a 15 mean it will be louder? The ONLY good advise in here was the upgrade to the charging system. i have a 110 amp alternator so I can't even push my amps to rms Then you have other stuff to upgrade before worrying about what subs to run, don't you? Big 3 is easy, do it first. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Joe X Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 thats what I was thinking, that'll be the loudest I can get it without spending loads of cash on an alternator. Any suggestions for a 15? Would it be better to get one in the 600-800 rms rand instead of over 1000 since that's probably all it will get? Also have a t400-4 for the highs so that sucks some power too Pick a sub that will work very well on the space you have and build an efficient box for it, that's most important to get a benefit, if you plan to upgrade power later then get a higher power sub so that it can handle the power when you upgrade the amp and electrical. As before definitely do a big 3 it's fast and inexpensive and helps to make the most of your current stuff.
glo011 Posted January 5, 2014 Author Report Posted January 5, 2014 thats what I was thinking, that'll be the loudest I can get it without spending loads of cash on an alternator. Any suggestions for a 15? Would it be better to get one in the 600-800 rms rand instead of over 1000 since that's probably all it will get? Also have a t400-4 for the highs so that sucks some power tooPick a sub that will work very well on the space you have and build an efficient box for it, that's most important to get a benefit, if you plan to upgrade power later then get a higher power sub so that it can handle the power when you upgrade the amp and electrical. As before definitely do a big 3 it's fast and inexpensive and helps to make the most of your current stuff.i won't be upgrading the amp unless it goes out, I'm sure I could fit a 4.0 ft^3 box in my trunk, but probably not much else
oldsoundguy Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 From the little experience I have the best advice is get the electrical solid first. My system has always sounded better everytime I made an electrical upgrade. The latest was as simple as running my amp ground through a floor plug and attaching it to the frame instead of just screwing it to the floor pan. Just getting a good deep cycle battery was a great improvement. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
bcbrassard Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 All good advice here! Basic your beyond maxed out on what that electrical system can provide. You need the big 3, Good batteries, 0 gauge runs and then maybe an alt to get the most out of the equipment you have now. all that is spendy but is worth the pay out. Most on here have stronger electric than they need to run what they have because its better to have headroom or overkill than weak or lacking. DO IT....NOW! lol good luck man.
bcbrassard Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 All good advice here! Basic your beyond maxed out on what that electrical system can provide. You need the big 3, Good batteries, 0 gauge runs and then maybe an alt to get the most out of the equipment you have now. all that is spendy but is worth the pay out. Most on here have stronger electric than they need to run what they have because its better to have headroom or overkill than weak or lacking. DO IT....NOW! lol good luck man.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.