making vs buying components

MACnonsence6

k so i currently have some rockford power 5-1/4 components up front and there top of the line power 6x9s in the back now the fronts have a 87db sensitivity where as the 6x9s have a 90 so needless to say the 6x9s drown out the fronts. i found fade to the front or limit the rear but why?

then i started looking into trying to find a power series component set up with a 90 or close sensitivity and there all like 350-400. not what im looking to spend. so im debating on making my own using daytons reference series 6" woofer

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rs150-4-6-reference-woofer-4-ohm--295-372

this tweater id use a attenuation xover to put the sensitivity to the same as the woofer

http://www.parts-express.com/vifa-xt25tg30-04-1-dual-ring-radiator-tweeter--264-1016

id use this for a midrange because i plan to run a rockford 8" shallow in the door as my midbass. but i plan to run my components and 6x9s on a ct sounds 125.4

so i need the fronts as well as the rears to have comparible sensitivitys. that way there about even or 1db shy of each other.

just not sure how well those daytons would do on 125 rms. although paired with a tweater of similar power handling and being they wouldnt get much for lows prolly nothing below 120hz, not really sure where to cross them over at. being its going to be kinda a 3 way in my door using a component set for my mids and highs and the 8 for my woofer. then my substage for well lows.

looking for thoughts,opinions and advice

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i thought thats what it ment. that with this power input this is the output. / then whats the reasoning that my front stage is substantially quiter then my rear. other then the front having an 87 sensitivity and the rear a 90.

from my understand and what ive read in speaker building 101. it would take twice the power for the front stage to reach the same spl as the rear

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Yes but nobody can know what the db output will be every time. It will always differ from system to system.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

The sensitivity isn't your problem, I'm guessing it's the location. You got the front speakers firing into your legs and the rear ones bouncing off the rear glass and coming straight at your head...? Just stick with the fader as the solution unless you're willing to go custom with 2-3 sets of pro audio mids/highs in each door with power to match.

I'm planning to go custom but your point makes sence I may stick with my 5-1/4s and glass them worst case scenario I swap them out

there currently on a duel 4 channel but the plan is to get a ct sounds 125.4 for my front / rear then there 125.2 for a pair of 8s in the doors. im planning to fiberglass my doors so i can run a 6-6-1/2

i was wanting to keep everything rockford power stuff but the component set i want that is an 89db sensitivity is like 300 wich i think is to much. when i could build a pair using high end dayton parts paired with a good tweater and get the sensitivity and power handling i need

Archived