The Automotive Picture Post

he's been on a project in new mexico for 4 months, and is supposed to still have another 3-6 months of work left. so idk, he's doing verrrry well for himself now.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

The oilfield guys are suffering but to me they got what they were asking for, when you work in a market with huge swings like the oil market has you should save when it's good so you aren't fucked when shit hits the fan.

All those guys blowing all that money on toys earned the right to be broke.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

when you're billing out $200-250/hr to run your rig, you can pretty well afford to do whatever you want... pay you're helper $15-20 an hour, and paying for rods and diesel. still, fuck ton of money.

welders haven't got hit near like the rig hands and shit. basically every welder I know is still working atleast 2 weeks a month.

Yeah welders are in high demand which is why I was and still am looking into it as a career option.

Still going to take the classes regardless because welding is something I've always been interested in.

Just have to make the time for it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

if you can tig, you've got it made. doing cool little stuff like exhaust and hot/coldside for turbos, to doing high paying stuff like building aircraft parts.

I have a friend that got pissed off at his union welder gig, doing mainly maintenance and shut down work at refineries, and went to work for nFamus Air Suspension in Dallas. Not a super drastic pay cut, but he went from making aout $75-85k a year, to roughly $55k. But he gets to do something he loves doing. Plus he gets free passes to all the big ass car shows in Texas, and other shows like Scrapin the Coast, Slamily, maybe even Slamology if everything plays out. He's at the top of the list for SEMA passes too next time they go back

if you can weld you can work on your own.. you can do air rides. you can do doors, gates and security windows.. you can do different shit everyday and not get bored but then there is this eye thing and all that manual work that gets tiring.. i used to help a welder when i was 12 to 17 and during that time i was taught to weld a bit. haven't weld anything since i been 18 so need the practice now.. now i feel like picking up a welding machine and just practice on my truck and build shit as a side job on weekends

Archived