Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Breaking in a subwoofer???


Cj Kumz

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys. Most sub companys will tell u to let the sub break in before you can fully utilise its potential. Now tell me sumthing if a sub is for example rated at 2000 rms, wat rms do u feed the sub to allow it to break in. And how do u know you not sending too much power to the sub

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Not this thread again. Just set gains properly and play it loud.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Hey guys. Most sub companys will tell u to let the sub break in before you can fully utilise its potential. Now tell me sumthing if a sub is for example rated at 2000 rms, wat rms do u feed the sub to allow it to break in. And how do u know you not sending too much power to the sub

If it's rated at 2000W RMS, I break it in at 2000W RMS.

And that's how everyone should do it.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Posted

You can give it full power right now. Without going into a technical explanation: subs are meant to be played, they are meant to move. Just use it like normal, no need for a "break in"

Want to know how I break in subs? Throw them in and let them Wang. And I guarantee I push mine more than you will push yours. Ever seen a surround stretched taught from excursion?

Posted

Snowdrifter ama try that. Surround stretched can't wait man.. :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...