Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

JoeX is it true that you don't want the sub to be firing into the port?

 

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Posted

Here is a sketch so that you see what I am saying, the area in red is 236.2 square inches, the internal height is 15.5 inches if you multiply area by height and convert to cubic feet :

3661.1/1728 = 2.118 cubic feet, to get net internal volume from here the driver displacement is subtracted:

Vb = 2.118-0.09 = 2.02 cubic feet.

23j9.jpg

Posted

JoeX is it true that you don't want the sub to be firing into the port?

To me the issue in this case are the calculations, not even looked at the port since it's shape would change after the box is recalculated.

Posted

i see. i was under the impression that the box volume would include port volume.

It does that is referred to as gross volume. what you want is net volume which is after all displacements including port.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Yes, that's right what you outline is the compression chamber base area, I would be concerned on setting two ports near each other though as there's some chance of interaction between them, probably it will work just fine but if there were issues I wouldn't be able to rule out that as a possibility.

Posted

Alright I also put together a second basic L port box at exactly 6 cubes and 30 hz however I wonder if I should be concerned about one sub pounding into the port wall (red) and the other having more space (blue). If this design is better, I'll go with itL_zpsfbce9948.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5110 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...