XS Power

Okay so I've got everything for my new setup ordered except for batteries. I had ordered 2 nsb90's but they informed me today that it would be 45 days before they even had them in stock and I can't wait that long. So I was wondering if 2 d3400's would be enough to power a soundqubed 3500.1 along with the battery I already have under the hood. Anyone got any input on this?

• 3 weeks later...

if the battery under the hood isn't an agm don't mix them. it (from my understandings) can lower the life of the agm batteries.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Will it work? Yeah. Will voltage be great? No. I'm assuming you are running off the stock alt since you didn't mention anything about a high output alternator. As with anytime you are running on battery power, be mindful of voltage drop induced clipping.

Yea mixing doesnt work to well sometimes. My front wet cell was pulled low by the rear agm several times. I replaced it with a d3400. All is well. 3 d3400s stock alt its say ideal for a aq3500 but it should be ok.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

My brother has a d3400 under the hood, a d3100 in the trunk at his Soundqubed 3500.1 with a 300a alternator. Voltage gauges at the alternator and each battery, the d3100 at the amp will drop anywheres from .5 to a full volt with the alternator spinning full speed. If you only do the batteries, get as big as you can. Def get a bigger alternator and invest in a nice charger.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

• 1 month later...

sigh... once again i dont understand why people get battery happy man. d/s3400 under the hood and xp2/2.5/3k in the rear, IF you have a h/o alt. IF you dont, you might as well get one with the money you would spend on all the batteries to keep that thing cranked.

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

• JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener

The thing to keep in mind on HO Alts is the max output isn't the only thing you need to look at when purchasing. The max output is just that.......... maximum output at optimal conditions (rpm, heat, etc...). In my opinion the most important thing to look at when it comes to alternators is the output at idle. If it does 185amps stopped at a stop sign and tops out at 250amps max, then that is better than an alt that does 80amps at idle and "400 amps" max.

Just like the fuel mileage rating on a new car............ that is optimal and you probably aren't going to see that.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The thing to keep in mind on HO Alts is the max output isn't the only thing you need to look at when purchasing. The max output is just that.......... maximum output at optimal conditions (rpm, heat, etc...). In my opinion the most important thing to look at when it comes to alternators is the output at idle. If it does 185amps stopped at a stop sign and tops out at 250amps max, then that is better than an alt that does 80amps at idle and "400 amps" max.

Just like the fuel mileage rating on a new car............ that is optimal and you probably aren't going to see that.

My H/O im ordering does 170 at idle, 270 max. including under the hood, what would you reccomend for a battery setup to power 4k rms. s34 under & xp3k in rear? please advise

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

• JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge