Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I guess I'm to much of a fox body fan, I'd leave the 5.0 in it and just build that bitch, keep the numbers matching, soon these cars will be the classics people will pay big dollars for

he can always store the engine for when that ever happens

Posted

Ford doesn't number match between chassis and engine in that car. Hell the engine's only have casting numbers on them for the year of the last revision on the casting. There is no VIN on the block to match it to a car. As for if you can turbo it, yes. Build up the bottom end for a turbo setup, might as well go 347 stroker at the same time, and build the turbo system. Hell, here is a twin turbo Fox to answer the room question.

m5lp_0909_07_z%252B1990_mustang_gt_twin_

Posted

This is my opinion alone....and I'll probably catch shit for it.....but I feel like the foxbody is by far the most un-original project vehicles on the planet. Pick something to do it, it's been done before....They are everywhere because everyone has owned one...I also think they're ugly, but like I said, this is one person's opinion.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

Reason I would swap is cause if the engine has high miles An someone is selling it for super low, I can buy it for cheap and just buy a new engine for it instead of looking for engines with 100k n less. Just an idea.

And what's the average prices for 5.0s with under 100k miles ? Bunch of price differences on CL And I don't know if its cheap cause of the car having issues or that's just how much 5.0s cost in today's age

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

This is my opinion alone....and I'll probably catch shit for it.....but I feel like the foxbody is by far the most un-original project vehicles on the planet. Pick something to do it, it's been done before....They are everywhere because everyone has owned one...I also think they're ugly, but like I said, this is one person's opinion.

I can see where your coming from. Honestly , if I could choose , I would pick an import for my project car. But I can't afford a 350z or S2K, shit let alone. But 5.0s come stock fast, you can make them look good with good care, and there within my price range for a project car

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

A running 5.0 can go anywhere from ~$500-$5000 depending on the shape and the mods.

Posted

This is my opinion alone....and I'll probably catch shit for it.....but I feel like the foxbody is by far the most un-original project vehicles on the planet. Pick something to do it, it's been done before....They are everywhere because everyone has owned one...I also think they're ugly, but like I said, this is one person's opinion.

Bonus to that is that there are a ton of aftermarket companies supporting that car.

True that the Fox body, the Civic, Chevy pickup, and Jeep Wrangler are the most commonly modified vehicles around. Only one of them is kind of fast and rwd to begin with like RyanJin said.

As far as looks, like you said that's all personal. I'd take a fox body over an older Camaro but that's just me.

I can see where your coming from. Honestly , if I could choose , I would pick an import for my project car. But I can't afford a 350z or S2K, shit let alone. But 5.0s come stock fast, you can make them look good with good care, and there within my price range for a project car

Rear wheel drive, heavily supported in the aftermarket, you like the style--then why not? Otherwise if you really want an import search out an older Starion, Conquest, second gen RX7 or something along those lines.

Hell you're in Cali find an old 510 and swap in an SR20DET……too much rust around here to find anything decent cheap.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

If you've got a facebook, Join Foxbody Addicts. Its a pretty cool group of 5K+ Members, willing to help out. Any questions you may have they can answer!

And if you get one, Welcome to the foxbody life! :)

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*


*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

So now I'm stuck. So pretty much I wanted to make a new thread but I didn't know if this counted as a vs thread even though it probably will be -_- but lets just try not to turn it into one.

Anyways, so I'm stuck on a project car. 5.0s and civics / older imports are in my range but 5.0s are already fast and Hondas need a lot of work to be up to par. But I heard the feel of a tuned modded FWD (EG, EK civics) car feels a lot "funner" then RWD? Or is it all on preference.

In the end I want a project car to enjoy and look forward to each track meet or everytime I drive it. I just heard from some 5.0s owners that RWD gets boring.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 372 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...