2 way enough or go 3 way

ROLEXrifleman

Red is factory where I will be putting a set of speakers. I'm torn between using a set of 5.25 that I already have open and used (boston pro's) Opening a NIB set of 6.5's that I have in the basement (boston pro's) or reusing the set of 6.5's that I found in the car when I took it apart.

DSC_0006_zpsa74d5854.jpg

Infinity 6020's where already there:

DSC_0023_zps906dfc3e.jpg

OK, that's the red circles.

The green circles are where I'm thinking of putting a 4" (in the pocket) and another tweet. Do you guys think that would make a huge difference of not one worth the effort?

Any thoughts on the ideas in general?

TIA

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

If you can use the sail panels "On Axis" to your advantage ... I'd say use only one pair of tweeters in the sail panels ...

Then see if you need to upgrade your midbass ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

considering that i got 4th place my first year at meca world finals with a 2-way passive set .... i am a believer of 2-way, easier to set up.

Depends on a few things (power handling for me)

For example, i'd like a 3-way setup, but the Hertz 3" mids can only handle 50w rms, while the tweets can take 150, and the 6.5s can take 200+. It becomes a huge ordeal.

proves my statement ... sometimes 2-way is much easier to set up

unless its a passive 3-way and in that case you have placement complications

2-way is always going to be easier to set up over a 3-way. However, the enjoyment out of a 3-way is worth the extra time in my opinion.

In your application I would stick with a 2-way just to keep it simple. I would recommend moving the tweeters to the sails and put them on axis. This should give you better height on your staging. You will probably be pillar to pillar for width and lacking in depth but, over all sound should be rather good.

man...

id love to hear opinions on this...

Me?

you have say a 6.5 and a 1" tweet. Does that say 3 inch REALLY do much?

Im always lookin for a deeper mid bass/ mid range....

Maybe if i had one that would play that low, the 3" would THEN be a factor......

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Kyle, an easy way to think of it is this. The more drivers you have, the less frequency range each one needs to handle. Makes each one cleaner in that narrower band.

Oh fuck yea.. it makes sense.

Ive never had a set that could "do it all" ya know?

From a power handling standpoint the Boston pros will hang in there with a rated power input of 20-300 watts if I use t he supplied x-over units

The other thing to consider is If i go 3 way and use the infinities I would go active on those and use the 4" Boston set with it's passive. I would cross the Boston 4" over at 350-450 then go active on the 6.5 being bandpass at 100 - 450 and that tweeter at 3.5K all with a 12 db slope.

Like I said, still thinking it all through.

Thanks for all the input so far

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived