Babbarkhalsa

What do you thnk about the cdt hd 61a component set? Ill just have a component set for the front and coaxials in the back xtra cab. Thanks for your replies guys, really do appreciate it.

I can help you out with CDT speakers and weather resistant adapters to fit your doors.

If it were me I would get probably something like one of these:

Alpine type-x pro

CDT HD-M62

JL C5-650

Diamond audio H600 (there are either silk or aluminum dome tweeters, i like silk others like aluminum your preference)

Rockford T3

Image Dynamics XS-65

(Helix S6) There is also a Helix set that sounds dang good, can't find them though. (I knew they were close to your price range, just over by like 3 dollars.)

Then as far as rear speakers go, you don't need them. Waste of time, work and money IMHO. Put a good solid amp pushing 100-150 watts to each side and your whole car will be filled with amazing sound. Rear speakers will just take away from the sweet sound up front. If you absolutely must have rear speakers, keep the stock ones running off the head unit and turn them down. They should only be used for rear fill anyway.

Amps I would look at:

Rockford R300-4

Alpine MRV-F300

Powerbass ASA600.4x

With the Rockford and the Alpine you would want to bridge to 2 channels and then go to the components up front giving you 150 watts per channel. When you get a sub later you will need a dedicated sub amp.

With the Powerbass you will have room for expanding to a sub later. Run the front two channels (100 watts per channel) to the front components and then bridge channels 3 and 4 to give you a 400 watt channel for your sub at 4 ohms (so you will need to get a 4 ohm sub. There are plenty so don't worry about being able to find one).

One really good set in the front and skip the rear, hertz hsk 165's are an awesome set around that price point that will sound great and give you years of service to boot.

Ah yes, the Hertz, forgot about those. There is also a Focal set in that range, and if I remember right there is a set of Rainbows too. I didn't think about some of the more "exotics".

Since this is your first time buying good speakers you will be amazed by the sound quality, the clarity and by the new things you hear in your music. Best thing to do is to go and listen to several different sets of speakers. If you can find dealers selling the ones we've listed go listen to them. See which tweeters you like best. I have a set of JL XRs (prior to C5) and the aluminum dome tweeter is too harsh for me. I am still running them until I can redo the install and see if placement will solve it. But you need to go listen to some, "test drive" them.

Oh I wasn't making fun of you at all Babbarkhalsa, so I'm sorry if my posting that video made it seem that way. That video makes me giggle and the way you worded you're first message reminded me of it so much.

You will get great help here and you are asking GREAT questions. Welcome to the forum.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The original post that started this thread reminds me of this:

lmao mann that video did describe what i had posted. Lol sorry for being a noobie. But with all your guys recommendations i would say i am now a level above that.

Give it a little time and if you read through the forum every now and then eventually you will come across a post that is exactly like the video. Like CleanSierra said, you are asking good questions. I too welcome you to the forum.

Archived