LT.Smoke Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 I have a question for people here who work 3rd shift... What do you to prevent yourself from getting so tired at work?? I get good sleep when I go home,I eat well I am just at a loss it seems like after a solid 10months of overnights I would be use to it but about 1/2 way through my shift I get tired as fuck Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Pasta Prime Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 Well it used to be coffee all night, then I tried Monsters all night, now I just say fuck it and be tired. lol If your like me you will never get any good sleep during the day. I really think that some people aren't programmed to be able to be up all night. I know that I can switch back to a normal day shift schedule on my days off and not have a problem but when I'm back to work I do nothing but sleep. New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
Pasta Prime Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 Also, I been working nights for about three years and it hasn't gotten any easier. Now my buddy I work with loves graves and he never sleeps. Makes me sick. lol New build coming........ YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/ Old Screen name: Redrebel66
RCP Audio Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 I'm a sound engineer and own my own audio company, so will often work real late nights and 4 20+ days in a row when its busy season, I don't normally have a issue with staying up. maybe the loud music and flashing lights has something to do with it. But after saying that, I try to stay up later on normal nights, just so that when i do work late ones (packing trucks when the sun is coming up at 8am) I am used to it, not sure how often you do the late shift, whats your sleeping like when your not? or are you on that shift every day? PSN: Rcp_soundz Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at. I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k. 1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/
bighossf150 Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 I used to work nights for 5 years and I drank 3 energy drinks a night Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Kidder Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 I think some just have a hard time with it. I've worked third for the last three years or so and as long as I sleep I have no issues at work. The problem is when I stay up too late in the day then don't get enough sleep before my shift. I've just always been more of a night person I guess.
Jessica Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 I worked night shift for almost 4 years and it got worse towards the end. 4 hour energy drinks worked for me but then I couldn't sleep and they also made me feel like shit. Like kidder said some people can't do it. Do you stay on the same sleeping schedule on your days off? Have you tried doing some cardio before work? Drinking plenty of water? That stuff can help. I know its tough to even think of exersize when you are dragging ass but sometimes just getting your blood moving can help. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Trey_Dog650 Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 Video games or a movie lol 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
UnderLoK Posted January 19, 2014 Report Posted January 19, 2014 I've never had to do it for an extended period (I did here and there for a few months), but my grandfather was always 3rd shift as were a couple of my buddies. It totally sucks, but the key is to be sleeping before you go into work, not going to sleep when you get home. At least that's what they say... If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.