Second Skin Audio

Inverted vs regular mounted subs?

dylan117

if i get the sundown x I'll put the magnet in the box to see that big fat rubber surround! if i run the ct meso I'll do inverted to see that chrome magnet, its all what you like! my next build (next car) i wanna do something like SM did so you can see both depending on where you are

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Actually, it makes a noticable difference atleast to my ears. However i am crossed at 125hz 6db slope. When i invert my sub,everything above 60hz doesnt seem to be as loud and it also sounds more muddy. Then i realized,the higher notes were harder to pass through the center of the cone and motor. Both sides of the woofer will sound differently except on the lower frequencys. If your crossed lower then 60hz i could see why it wouldnt make much difference

Actually, it makes a noticable difference atleast to my ears. However i am crossed at 125hz 6db slope. When i invert my sub,everything above 60hz doesnt seem to be as loud and it also sounds more muddy. Then i realized,the higher notes were harder to pass through the center of the cone and motor. Both sides of the woofer will sound differently except on the lower frequencys. If your crossed lower then 60hz i could see why it wouldnt make much difference

Xover at 125 ?! shees..

and

"Then i realized,the higher notes were harder to pass through the center of the cone and motor."

Please .. explain?

Xover at 125 ?! shees..

and

"Then i realized,the higher notes were harder to pass through the center of the cone and motor."

Please .. explain?

I thought you tuned your SP4's at 94hz?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

OP, In all seriousness, with the volume an enclosure for an 18" sub is in, inverting will make little to NO difference.

What you may notice though, is motor noise. Some subs are noisier as they do their thing than other subs. That's about the only difference I can foresee occurring.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Xover at 125 ?! shees..

and

Please .. explain?

Midbass rolls off the cone. When it is obstructed it sounds different. Just like any other woofer crossed high that has something in its path,it will probably sound different untill you dig low enough to use mechanical excursion instead of resonance.

Edit* yes,in my daily vehicle im tuned to 28hz and crossed at 125. My components are running active with 250rms each mid and 150rms each tweet. Gotta keep them safe when full tilting. I like the "full" sound.

Been a professional installer for 10 years and this works for me on the wide variety of music i play.

Xover at 125 ?! shees..

and

Please .. explain?

Midbass rolls off the cone. When it is obstructed it sounds different. Just like any other woofer crossed high that has something in its path,it will probably sound different untill you dig low enough to use mechanical excursion instead of resonance.

where did you hear this concept from?

Xover at 125 ?! shees..

and

Please .. explain?

wow.. i learned something new.

I will try that, god knows i want mid bass rolling off my 15'' shitty driver. They are some shitty ones, but, maybe ill try....

Archived