Impalalpine Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 1. Spending five days working on a box that's too big for the car its supposed to go in. 2. Cut out a sub hole using a drill with a bit and sandpaper. (don't ask) 3. Never covered my box with a coat of paint + Rain = Mold 4. Blew both subs showing off to some girl at safeway. she laughed. 5. Building an enormous box that has to be cut into pieces before it can be taken out, making it 420 times more difficult to put sound dampening in now. (which there is none of) Build's consist of: 2004 Chevy Impala : Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120 Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4 Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's Home Music Setup (4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire Updates coming all the time on both builds n8ball2013 "bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."
basshead7890 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 I reversed the negative and positive wires on an amp and went though a pack of fuses before I figured out what was wrong. My Build Log 95 Honda Accord Nook HD+ tablet Team Ascendant Audio 18" 2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D Crescendo Audio C1100.4 2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500 Build log
79 cutty Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 1. Spending five days working on a box that's too big for the car its supposed to go in. 2. Cut out a sub hole using a drill with a bit and sandpaper. (don't ask) 3. Never covered my box with a coat of paint + Rain = Mold 4. Blew both subs showing off to some girl at safeway. she laughed. 5. Building an enormous box that has to be cut into pieces before it can be taken out, making it 420 times more difficult to put sound dampening in now. (which there is none of) LMFAO, I can top that...when I was 16, had no tools, and no common sense, I cut sub holes out with a drill pit and a crap ton of sanding after that. Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking! You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it. "Black Pearl" Build Thread http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1
zayres29 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 i accidentally filled my entire brake reservoir with tranny fluid and burned up my master cylinder in my old pickupI remember that!! Im acctually the one who told you that you only use ATF in power steering and tranny fluid Not as brake/clutch fluid honestly it wasnt that big of deal it was a fun ride home from work that day but i replaced my master cylinder and filled up with regular brake fluid and i was good as new it was like a $35 fix Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Awhitewookie Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Within 24 hours of owning my new bc5500 I blew it by being too excited and accidentally wiring to 0.25 or something around there. Installed some long tube headers on my cobra and left a package of sour gummy strips on the headers. Pink smoke and melter suger EVERYWHERE. Goodbye beautiful shiny headers MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
CortezDTV Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 SEE I Thought it was shitty dropping a nut in the distributor hole on my mustang brass nut for my temp Guage fuck right? 100$ in oil silicone and I had to pull the oil pan Crossbrace and all steering components to pull the pan Sick get it all back together and drop my socket in there Fuck I was so mad Whole process over again 100$ in oil... pull the brace the steering arms all that good shit all over again To do it again a week later The last time I I did it I had the socket and extension on it I said to hell with this now I have a socket and extension made for that with a long string you put around you neck So I fucking won!!! Finally lmao SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
bighossf150 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Tried to open up bolt hole in a ring terminal with my big ass dewalt drill while I was holding the term. It wrapped my finger around the bit, took out a little chunk of meat and ripped the skin on my knuckle. Was swolled and hurt like a bitch for a week or two afterwards. Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
LoudBimmer Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Drilled a hole through AC line, side swiped front fender when I was pulling my car in garage.
Awhitewookie Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Tried to open up bolt hole in a ring terminal with my big ass dewalt drill while I was holding the term. It wrapped my finger around the bit, took out a little chunk of meat and ripped the skin on my knuckle. Was swolled and hurt like a bitch for a week or two afterwards. cant tell you how many times ive almost broke my wrist doing that MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Herokight Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Forgot to disconnect my battery when doing my last install. I cut the factory radio wiring harness off (every wire at once) and blew several fuses. It took me a whole month to find and replace them, so even though my subs, speakers, amp, and head unit were all installed, I had no sound. Sucked balls. Lane AKA HeroKight '96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4 R.I.P. Molliboo $200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands? You hear that????That's a category 5 shit storm coming n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads. ^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.