help me pick what cheapo subs for my fl studio setup

first before we start i am fully aware these are some cheap ass subs so please dont get bitchy i cant decide what to buy iv done a fair amount of reading on the 2 an from the people who ran the vm subs say they say i dont like lows an the lanzars just straight look shitty so if you had to choose between the 2 turds what would it be?

www.vminnovations.com/Product_51898/4-VM-Audio-15-Inch-4800W-Subwoofers-SRW15-.html

www.vminnovations.com/Product_55297/Lanzar-VW15D-15-Inch-8000W-Subwoofers-4-pack-.html

I don't think there will be a difference between the two; flip a coin.

But do you really need 4 15's for a studio setup?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

I don't think there will be a difference between the two; flip a coin.

But do you really need 4 15's for a studio setup?

thats my question. ive always used either 2-4 8s whaen setting someone up or 2 10's for that price i would pick up a couple fosgate p2 8's or 10's

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

For a studio you want absolute sq not loud so I think you're going in the wrong direction

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I would rather spend the funds on one good sub than 2 or 4 really bad subs, quantity in home and studio are not as important as quality.

If that is the only choices your leaving yourself to then either are viable options to go with, but just remember that you'll have to buy more wood and build a much larger enclosure for the extra subs.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

If your serious about wanting something for a studio, lanzar or those vm woofers are not the way to go.

The specs on the vm woofers are rather scary, when a manufactures uses things like:

dual coil low frequency subwoofers (the voice coil being dual or single has nothing to do with the response or how low the woofer plays).

Harsh Weather Resistant Wide Rubber Surround (The means nothing unless it was a woofer marketed for outdoor use, which its not).

Designer Inspired, Custom Tooled Stamp Steel Basket (Stamped steel basket is cheap as cheap is, very thin, very week).

High, Impact-Resistant One Piece Magnet Cap (Plastic cap to hide the actual size of its tiny magnet, to make the unsuspected buyer to think its much larger than it really is).

Aerodynamic, Direct Voice Coil Surface-Cooling System (Aerodynamic? really.... The woofer has a pole vent, nothing new, rather old technology, and is rather poor at effectively cooling the voice coil).

Mounting-Guided Tall Beveled Color Matching Trim Ring (So the woofer is painted all the same color, why is this a useful spec).

No where in the listing does it tell you its voice coil diameter (but it looks like a 2inch voice coil from the pictures), and at that rate a true 600watts rms per woofer will most likely smoke them. It claims it can play down to 25hz, but yet it gives you know useful T/S parameters of how the woofer will actually act.

The review...... wow, sure.......

Best subs evah

i bought this set of 4 subs and put them in my jeep cj soft-top on my boss 5000w amp and at only 1/2 gain and 1/2 volume my windshield blew out. sad to say i have to sell these because after blowing out 3 windshields i can't afford to keep them anymore.

Honestly the lanzars are a little better off, they at least tell you some useful spects, like a 2.5inch voice coil (but still even a 2.5 inch voice coil woofer from a company like Skar, Sundown SoundQubed the woofer would only be rated at 600 watts rms each as a safe limit. But then the specs go on to tell you about a specially treated foam edge suspension, a chrome cover on the magnet, and a rubber boot, no actual frequency response. Nor do either woofers tell you the xmax or excursion the woofer can move.

Theres a guy on here that has 32 18inch woofers for sale individually, brand new never used, that he bought for a huge build but plans changed.

He only wants $165 per 18inch woofer, and that includes shipping! They retail for $162 each and does not include shipping so the guys price is way more then fair, and a pair of these 18s will walk all over either 4 15inch sub combos you posted), granted they are a little more expensive but the all around quality is 100 times better!!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181717-32-stereo-integrity-ht-18s-165-shipped-each/

The lanzars are the better of the 2.

Don't you hate how even if you say, "I know they're crap but which of the 2 is better?", that people still come to your thread and tell you they're crap without answering your question?

Buy them up, do it up. 4 15's will be loud as hell, even if wal-mart made them.

The lanzars are the better of the 2.

Don't you hate how even if you say, "I know they're crap but which of the 2 is better?", that people still come to your thread and tell you they're crap without answering your question?

Buy them up, do it up. 4 15's will be loud as hell, even if wal-mart made them.

Hmmmmmm I think I might grab one of those 18s for my studio! :)

Archived