Sundown Audio

why does everyone recommend

pitbullninja

All I will say is I had 4 mb quart 2k rms amps and it a 148.7 then went to two sq 3500s and hit a 152.8 so you decide but I will never go back to cheap amps again. And that was on the same setup by the way

You realize you didn't technically make a point right? You doubled your power if you didn't gain on the meter there would have been something seriously wrong.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Did not doble the power about the same read it again 4 mb quart 2krms each then to 2 3500 sq amps

I don't know why I read that as 2 2k amps muh bad.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Did not double the power about the same read it again 4 mb quart 2krms each then to 2 3500 sq amps

It's still kind of weird that you gained 4.1dB, that means if the 2 3500sq amps are putting out 8kW together (which would be a lot by the way), the 4 amps only put out 3110watts combined.

Which is less then 780W per amp, i'm sure something was wrong.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I've owned the 1000/1 and ran two of the 500/1 for 3 years. ive never been happier then when i sold them for my new Amp!

yea they do retain value I'll give you that. but if they were as good as the price says they are why did i sell them? 2 years ago everything in my car was jl. there 0g wiring kit 2 500/1 v2s two w312s even there components front and rear stage on the 300/4. all that money wasted! i got half of it back selling it all but I'll never ever ever ever go back to anything they have. I've seen the light on the other side and it's beautiful! haha. and there w6 line! prolly the biggest waste of money on the market

don't get me wrong there good amps but better can be had for less! a dc level 6 18 is the same price as a w7 12? come on!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

had better voltage with the 4 to and i dd1 and gain matched them with the cc1 just we not putting out alot of power could have been the rise they were seeing. but to the op those two amps are not that far off in price anymore and for the quality the sq is way better and i have had amps now from both brands. with the brutus amp you would be praying for 2k and thats only with stout power talking not droping below 14.4 at all where as the sq and all the other good amps will make the power they advertise. Plus just the build qualty is amazing like the rca jacks for one on the brutus they just kinda slide on and do not fit that tight wear as the tiffany rca imputs on the good amps fit tight and your rcas dont move at all

Quality of the amp, efficiency, power output, and the ability to be a reliable daily amp vs. Something that will take a dump next summer when it gets too hot

D All of the above

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I've owned the 1000/1 and ran two of the 500/1 for 3 years. ive never been happier then when i sold them for my new Amp!

yea they do retain value I'll give you that. but if they were as good as the price says they are why did i sell them? 2 years ago everything in my car was jl. there 0g wiring kit 2 500/1 v2s two w312s even there components front and rear stage on the 300/4. all that money wasted! i got half of it back selling it all but I'll never ever ever ever go back to anything they have. I've seen the light on the other side and it's beautiful! haha. and there w6 line! prolly the biggest waste of money on the market

don't get me wrong there good amps but better can be had for less! a dc level 6 18 is the same price as a w7 12? come on!

How will a dc level 6 do in SQ? Not even close to any of the subwoofers that JL offers. Output isn't what the engineers worked on.

I get that it might not be worth it to you, or most people. But for some people this equipment will work and keep working for decades.

Just because you don't know what the goal of JL is or any other "expensive" brand,doesn't mean it's not worth it to reach some goals.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived