Any Self-Help Automotive Shops in SoCal?

When I was stationed in Germany, we had a place where we could rent a bay with a lift for an hourly rate. All sorts of tools were available to use, and they even had a paint booth. They offered weekly rates if the car was being stored there during projects like engine rebuilds and such.

Anybody know if there are any places like this for civilians? I am tired of paying other people to work on my car. Especially when I know whats wrong and they tell me its nothing without even checking.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Still have your military I'd card? Pendleton has one. Don't know how far you are from a base but they all have an auto hobby shop

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

When I was stationed in Germany, we had a place where we could rent a bay with a lift for an hourly rate. All sorts of tools were available to use, and they even had a paint booth. They offered weekly rates if the car was being stored there during projects like engine rebuilds and such.

Anybody know if there are any places like this for civilians? I am tired of paying other people to work on my car. Especially when I know whats wrong and they tell me its nothing without even checking.

i wanna go to germany lol

2004 Chevy Trailblazer LT

Walled- 10.5 cubes net tuned 33Hz

2-15 inch AA Team subs D2

Americanbass- 750.1

1 yellowtop under the hood , 4 c&d 88ah batteries in rear

mechman-270

pioneer headunit-4200UB

4 soundqubed supertweeters

phoenix gold 2 channel

back up camera

stinger volt meter

22 years old and still have alot to learn..lets get it

That's so weird, I was literally just thinking of this idea today and about how great a business this would be to run, man. I hate how I can't find anything near me. And no military access, so if that's the only way here in SoCal looks like I'm SOL for finding one. I didn't know germany had them, or anyone for that matter.

There could be like an hourly fee to use it and a tool rental charge. That way you could have a mechanic or two who could "help out" but not be paid extra or anything.

Let me know if you find anything non-military.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend "Chicken Soup for the Gearhead's Soul" if you're looking for automotive self help...

On the real, I'd try to find a small shop, maybe give them a ride in your car to establish some rapport, and ask them to rent you a bay/tools. I've done this on 2 occasions. Just make sure it is a small shop, and bring your own release of liability form. However, it might be tough in Cali with all those gotdamn liberals.

I'd recommend "Chicken Soup for the Gearhead's Soul" if you're looking for automotive self help...

On the real, I'd try to find a small shop, maybe give them a ride in your car to establish some rapport, and ask them to rent you a bay/tools. I've done this on 2 occasions. Just make sure it is a small shop, and bring your own release of liability form. However, it might be tough in Cali with all those gotdamn liberals.

Most the small shops around me are busier than my local kaiser branch pharmacy during a Selena revived in-door concert. I would imagine the wait time, if they even said yes, would be huge. They can't spare a whole bay to some kid learning the ropes, so you would have to really know what you're doing first :(

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Ive never seen that in Cali but damn thats a fucking great idea. Business venture maybe?

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

This idea was tried out many years ago (25-30) but most faded away due to, personal injury liability, theft, loss of income etc. It would be nice to see it make a come back, but i doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

truthsayer

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived