Jessica Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 We got a foot here the other night. Got up at 5:30 am and shoveled my drive to the street. Saw the city guy out with his truck plowing. He lives next door so guess who had a clear shot to the highway? <--this guy. lol But my car is low, i have to step down into it, yeah, that low. And the county already had hit the highway once. Kansas road crews ftw. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Krakin Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 We are supposed to get 8 inches tomorrow, supposed to... We tend to get more of the equivalent amount in solid ice.. Last "snow". On the way back in from taking those pics I sorta forgot it was icy and slipped and fell down lol. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Amart88 Posted February 10, 2014 Author Report Posted February 10, 2014 We are supposed to get 8 inches tomorrow, supposed to... We tend to get more of the equivalent amount in solid ice.. Last "snow". On the way back in from taking those pics I sorta forgot it was icy and slipped and fell down lol. Damn, I hate freezing rain... shits almost worse than snow. It's natures sound deadening LOL My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Jessica Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 ice is bad news. No one can prepare for that crap. Breaks the strongest of trees and power lines. I have a story about the last ice storm we had here if anyone wants to hear it. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Krakin Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 I had school the next day and I hadn't gotten any of the ice off yet. I ended up being about 15 minutes late, because I was babying my truck when trying to whack that ice off. Sadly we get freezing ran about 95% of the time. We had a whole week off a month or so ago, there was a solid 2 inches of ice on the road I take to school. One of my friends got in a wreck two days ago from ice, he hit his head on the glass, shattered it, went unconscious, and got a big concussion. We take the ice here insanely serious, however we somehow aren't smart enough to treat any road before the ice... Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
SnowDrifter Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 ice is bad news. No one can prepare for that crap. Breaks the strongest of trees and power lines. I have a story about the last ice storm we had here if anyone wants to hear it. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Jessica Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Alright, we had an ice storm a few years ago. Branches and power lines down all over. The family loads up in the car to go to the in laws because they have a generator and we have no power. Start down the street and the neighbors are walking around with their 9 year old daughter. They stop to talk to us but there is this widow maker of a branch like 30' above them that is covered in ice and bent over like a prom queen. I stop the car about 50' from where they are and wave them up to us. When they get to the car I point out that branch to them. We talked for a minute and we leave. I look in the mirror before we pull onto the highway and the just get past that hanging branch and it fell right where they just were. If we had talked 5 seconds more it would have fell on them. Crazy. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
boom50cal Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Snow drifting at it's finest. Gatebil on Ice Enjoy PS, the second Audi is 1000hp+ and AWD, the BRZ in a 2jz powered competition drift car. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.