Work boots, what are you guys wearing?

i worked in a warehouse for years. steel toe boots were mandatory. I've spent $180 on tims with steel toe/heel/sole they lasted 6 months bought many.many types anywhere from $80-$180 they all seem to fall apart within 6 months. i finally got sick of dropping $300 a year on boots and bought some $30 wallmart boots well to my surprise They lasted almost 2 years. so now that's what i buy. $30 braham boots. not to mention they are the most comfortable boots I've ever warn

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

See if you can find a legit shoe store around your area, one that specializes in work boots. That'd be your best bet for finding some that you like the fitment of, and if you get the model name/number you could always say you need to think about which ones to get, meanwhile go home and hit up Amazon or fleabay or Zappos or something.

One thing to mention, Wolverine HQ is up here by me and it sounds like they are trying to layoff and fire most of their senior workers for younger people who they can pay less as well as move to another state.

There's a local shop that makes custom boots where I have to get mine made. Got a 4E width which makes shoe shopping impossible.

Anyways, my experience with work boots is get a pair that fits so perfect you forget your wearing them.

NO EXCEPTIONS...imo...

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Red Wing here. Best shoe for comfort.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

My every day shoes are John Bull cheetah's amazing for walking/lifting every day in, replaceable gel insets mean they are comfy as fuck steel cap heat resistant all that whohaa as well

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

weird, I am/ was shopping for new boots too....I have a pair of timberlands that I still where around the house....no sole left, but there comfy. I bought a pair of tim pro's that I ended up returning cuz they destroyed my toes in 2 days. red wings felt like they had no cushion on the sides and tongue, and wolverines although they were comfortable (the Durbin), they didn't feel durable. I ended up going with Keens Detroit....set me back about 150 bucks.

It sucks though man, you gotta try em till you find the most comfortable for you. I tried looking at reviews online, and they're literally "most comfortable" right next to "worst boots ever"

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I am surprised no body mentioned Rocky Boots. IMO the Red Wing Boots are not durable and fall apart. I work in the oil and gas field and walk a lot. I basically wear out a pair of boots once a year, and have an Insulated and a Non insulated pair.

most of the guys in my crew also either wear the Rocky or Timberland Pro.

2003 SSEi Supercharged

12.50@108mph

Type RF 6.5's Components

Type RF 5.25's Components

HX2 Power 12's

Type RF X2,X4,X7 Amps

Depending on the weather. Summer time, and when I don't need a heavy boot I have some Wolverine slip on's. Rest of the time I swear by my Chippewa loggers.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I use wolverines they are tough as hell being I work in an industrial paint factory. They have to deal with paint resins catalyst and all sorts of solvents. Have used redwings won't last a year at my job. Also have used thorogoods which almost lasted a year . I don't pay for boots my work does so for what I can get wolverines are the most durable and comfortable.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived