Sonic Electronix

Ok so i just found out that my 90 bronco xlt has the weakest altnator in the world at 70-80 amp. plus my battery is shit. so i found used alts on ebay for under50 from different model fords that had 120 ampalts. i know that not much but its bettr then what i have now. My question with the 120 alt will i need another battery to go with a new starter one. im about to run 1800w rms for the 18 and 400w for the doors and 6x9s. I will be one day going to 2 18s when my funds permit. i was thinking of getting 2 battterys from sonic cant think of the name right now but the have 600 cranking. and only 69 bucks. together thats cheaper or the same a just getting a walmart battery. Am i thinking to hard on this one or will i really 2 two batteries. thanks for all yall help. and if i go with one or two which would be the best under $150 total. i can go more just hoping i dont have to.

Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know

You should be ok with the 120a for now. I would firstly upgrade the starter battery and add a second if possible. Do the big 3.

You may still want to upgrade the alt a bit in the future. Never hurts.

I found this helpful...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MP5F-uJAw Im still a noob to much of the car audio game but hopefully this helps

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

I would suggest against Ebay alts. They are super cheap and will fail easily. I would suggest trying to find a local shop that can build one around the same size. I found one out by me that sold me a alt that was a $ per Amp. Still holding strong.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Do what Rootbeer said. They can build custom alts to fit your factory size that can go up to 300+ Amps. Definitely worth the investment vs. a ebay alt

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

wow i didnt know ebay auto parts where that bad. iF i got one made for a $1 amp i might as well just but a new one right? Will i better off get an used alt from pick and pull or a chop shop? Im not really looking to spend to much since i still have to work on the truck besides the sound. i will look else where thanks guys

Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know

You might luck out and find a new Ford alternator that fits your engine but is made for newer models...

With GM, you can stick a factory 160a alternator on most of the Vortec engines, so it might be the same with Ford. That would be the only reliable alternator to buy that has a higher output without spending lots of money.

EDIT: However you will upgrade...we all do. So,

If you can, and I know it's painfully hard, have some patients, save up and get all of the good stuff the first time. It's always worth the wait.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

You might luck out and find a new Ford alternator that fits your engine but is made for newer models...

With GM, you can stick a factory 160a alternator on most of the Vortec engines, so it might be the same with Ford. That would be the only reliable alternator to buy that has a higher output without spending lots of money.

EDIT: However you will upgrade...we all do. So,

If you can, and I know it's painfully hard, have some patients, save up and get all of the good stuff the first time. It's always worth the wait.

We've all learned this from experience, it sucks when you buy something and have to upgrade a month or so later, and lose almost twice as much when you could've just saved up and gotten the good shit the first time. Luckily, I have good relations with the best audio shop in town and they buy back any used equipment I have. It's always good to become friends with and make good relations with the guys at your local audio shops, they know what they're doing and they'll even give you good deals since they're a retail shop ;D

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Archived