Forklift operators/warehouse guys look here

Ive used both.....What always didn't sit right with me was that in the event of a bad lift (pallet comes apart, or the weight on the pallet isn't centered) I wouldn't want anything coming down on the tank. The only propane forks I've used, the tank was always mounted with steel locking straps right behind the driver's seat; but there was no cage around it. Just the slat roof above the driver. I liked the electric ones better, but they were standups that can't really haul as much weight as the propane sit downs.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

That and battery type have better turn radius and tend to be smaller. Electric have full mast speed anytime you want. Gas you have to rev up.

Some gas have auto brake which is nice if you have a ramp. Gas are nice until they sit outside in cold and the propane freezes up.

Electric are suppose to be ran nearly dead before you charge them and most the time you are looking at 8 hours of charging

Your best bet is have both imo

Propane doesnt freeze till -300ish.... however... If it was really cold an it sat for 8+hrs the oil was probly quite thick, causing starter to do more work and then killing the batteries.

Problem with the electric ones is they need a full charge and decharge to have proper battery life. So, essentially you need a forklift for every 8hr shift. Or eventuallt they wont hold a charge anymore

LOL, thats bullshit. Shut off gas, crank engine for a few seconds and they start, turn gas back on and away you go. Propane will freeze up in those trucks in cold weather but not in the tank. Down in the engine compartment. Stop using wikipedia for you debates.

Propane- constant power until empty, cons is the exhaust.

Electric-

Cons- as battery drains so does power, bulky battery changer and battery station

Pro- no exhaust, less noisy, smoother

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Electric is better imo. Can charge daily if have right charger. Military uses electric. But my 2 cents. Depends on how it's maintained and taken care of

I've been to quite a few bases around the world and have yet to see a cargo base using an electric forklift. But OP it really all depends on what kind of business would be using the lift. If you're doing lighter loads in short distances and smaller warehouse then the electric would definitely be the way to go. If youre doing heavy loads in a large warehouse over great distances then the gas or lpg lift would be the way to go.

@Pioneerchuck

I'm currently in the process of getting info from my contact in the company about what their current setup is. Hopefully with that info we'll be able to find them something suitable.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Electric is what we use at my work. Work good if properly maintained and charged. Just sucks when you have to wait for a lift when you need one to do your job.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

That and battery type have better turn radius and tend to be smaller. Electric have full mast speed anytime you want. Gas you have to rev up.

Some gas have auto brake which is nice if you have a ramp. Gas are nice until they sit outside in cold and the propane freezes up.

Electric are suppose to be ran nearly dead before you charge them and most the time you are looking at 8 hours of charging

Your best bet is have both imo

Propane doesnt freeze till -300ish.... however... If it was really cold an it sat for 8+hrs the oil was probly quite thick, causing starter to do more work and then killing the batteries.

Problem with the electric ones is they need a full charge and decharge to have proper battery life. So, essentially you need a forklift for every 8hr shift. Or eventuallt they wont hold a charge anymore

LOL, thats bullshit. Shut off gas, crank engine for a few seconds and they start, turn gas back on and away you go. Propane will freeze up in those trucks in cold weather but not in the tank. Down in the engine compartment. Stop using wikipedia for you debates.

The regulator freezes from mostiure... Not the propane.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived