Second Skin Audio

12" 2 ohm sub options for SQ/SQL

bcbrassard

I remember last time you were tuned way high on a too large box, that's enough for it to sound like junk and not get the deep lows. New subs on sealed won't really cure your lack of low end. I would think about it before spending even more and not being sure you are going to get what you are wanting.

Joe, yes you helped me alot last time with trying to fix current box. Now i have come to the conclusion that 2 12s sealed in proper size box would be better than the too highly tuned high output box i have now. I played with blocking the port to lower tuning and it worked but i cant roll around like that. I figured 2 sealed 12s would be close to 1 high output box tuned wrong. Plus i want something i can wire down to 1 ohm to get the most out of the T1500. Its starting to cook that T1D212 if i rally it to long and to hard.

Two tens ported better then two twelves sealed equal power...in my opinion

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Do some incriminator audio flatlyne subs I was looking in to them before I found a killer deal on my T1

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Two tens ported better then two twelves sealed equal power...in my opinion

Agreed. Some Havoc's or Chaos 10's. SSD or Q 10's. Imo, two 10's with two 4 inch aero's would be just about perfect.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I really wanted a set of q10s at one point. Had a buddy with two on similar power and got low as hell because the enclosure was built right. I would look at AA or FI and go with a sub your budget allows.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Damore subs if your lookin for some Sq maybe? I don't mind sealed. Just me.

Also, I love the way havocs sound. And take abuse

Thanks you sir! I will look into those as well. I wanted suggestions on subs that i could wire down to 1 ohm final on T1500 to maximize the amp. And sealed is the easiest way to go other wise i am porting thru rear deck with 4" aeros.

Archived