Sundown Audio

taramps

MACnonsence6

I run 2 hd8ks daily and beat the piss out of em. I have the 2 ohm models and constantly play them in the low 11's and high 10's. they barley get warm. Never skip a beat. As long as your ohm load is below the rated spec, they are pretty durable. Wouldn't hesitate to run them at all.

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

There is a new rep for Taramps in the USA. I don't know if he's a member here. He's on the s s a forum, with a special topics about this brand and his warranty system.

Seems legit !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Clamping vs amp dyno...

Most "clamped" numbers are about double what their rms amp dyno number is. So that's 4500 and factor in that its prob distorted as fuck and clipping and suddenly your in the normal realm of single input amps.

i doubt that clamp vs dyno is that far off. also korean amps use a clamp test to rate the amps so based on your logic all the amps on the market today would not do rated power.

Clamping isn't what is inaccurate. It's how most people clamp that's inaccurate and yes, it is often off by double.

Most people just take an ammeter and a voltmeter, measure the voltage and current on the speaker outputs and then apply Ohm's law. The problem is that V*I is a DC formula and speaker outputs are an AC signal. Because of the phase shift between voltage and current in a waveform, you have to factor in that shift (power factor), otherwise all you are calculating is volt amps or, VA.

Amplifier engineers know this, so when they clamp test an amplifier they recognize and use the power factor in their calculations.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Thank you. There are more variables in clamping. Different gear to achieve the same results things like that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have a pair of the Taramps HD3000s and they seem to make legit power. They however do not like the Amp Dyno. Not sure exactly why, but they emit a signal of some sort that the dyno senses even when the source unit is paused/muted. The dyno wont get past the main screen without telling me to mute the source. I will play with it more later when I have time to see if I can get it to work. According to the AMM1 though, it was doing a little over 1000w at 8 ohms. I have the 2 ohm version.

If you want to try one of the HD8000s, send me a message and I can help you out.

I'm wondering if they use some sort of boosted rail topology like the Fosgate mini amps? Haven't seen a gut shot of one but I have seen few in the shop and around town and they do make a lot of power.

Archived