Sonic Electronix

MLV mass loaded vinyl Options

Wouldn't regular sound deadner work to stop road noise? If so I would recommend soundqubed' q-mat really great stuff and cheaper to. If I'm correct you have a escape and I know how bad those thing have road noise lol so if q-mat will work try it.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

You can buy it online but the shipping is usually what kills you. Look for something that is in the 1lb per square foot range. Might be able to get a killer deal if you could source it locally.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Wouldn't regular sound deadner work to stop road noise? If so I would recommend soundqubed' q-mat really great stuff and cheaper to. If I'm correct you have a escape and I know how bad those thing have road noise lol so if q-mat will work try it.

Dampeners only affect the amplitude of the resonance frequency, not other frequencies. MLV is used as a noise barrier to stop or lessen the amount of noise you get from your engine, tires, or exhaust. Then you have absorbents that absorb upper frequencies as well.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Yes I will be using CLD tiles as well. I will be doing 100% coverage with the sound deadner. The only thing is I i am curious about is the MLV to block the rest of the road and exhaust noise. This will be done in my Tundra and I will be adding JBA long tube headers and a custom BAmuffler exhaust system. So I will be wanting to try and block as much outside noise as possible.

edit: Also looking into the spectrum from second skin for the under carriage as well or any other related products.

You don't need a car audio specific mlv. I believe you can buy rubber mats at home depot fairly cheap. Then use some yoga mats for closed cell foam. Bam quieter doors.

I think a friend told me you can get rubber mats at farm supply stores also.

Team B2

2008 scion xb bagged on 18's plastidipped matte black

4 18" b2 xc's pushed by 4 b2 m1s at .5 each

8 b2 hn6's and 2 b2 hntt's powered by 2 b2 quattros.

157.7 sealed so far.

Archived