Sundown Audio

How to make it difficult to get my amp out of car?

Skax

I would rather make them have to fight for it then grab and go.

My box for instance will be bolted down sub amps most likely under it in the spare tire well door amps some how mounted to the hatch door to where the bolts holding it to the hatch door are covered by the hatch door panel. Not impossible to get to it all but time consuming.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

get "button" head bolts and run them through the box and fasten them with a nut from the inside of the box.

Sounds like your mounting directly to the box,

Vibration city bitch. That amp won't like you.

well ideally your box would be secured to the car or you would just be making a package deal for the thief as he takes the box with the subs and amp.... also a 2500 watt amp isnt exactly earth shaking (ie: there's a million setups with bigger amps mounted to the box)
There is a reason your not supposed to mount to a box. No matter what power your running. Disregarding that reason will only get you dead amps exposed to too much vibration. How long it will take I have no idea. But there will always be someone who mounted to their box, and after a week they post how awesome it works for them. Doesn't mean its the correct or safe way to mount an amp.
Did it once won't ever do it again broke my rca inputs right off the amp

It's not about securing it it's about increasing work factor. Use a different bolt on each corner. Reverse mount some. Add a second securing method. And first and foremost turn up the pain. If you are in my truck trying to steal my amps you are gonna have a real bad time because of all the sirens. I think that hurts worse than my wall. You'll also get maybe 60 seconds before I come to investigate too and if I'm coming to investigate that's a whole new entry into the potential to hurt category.

lmao n8 :roflmao: , thanks for the advice ill probally just use 4 different bolts

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Make people think you the type of person that will kill they ass if they touch yo shit. Like tupac said, "I aint a killa but don't push me." Lol

This, and yes mount it somewhere out of sight and mount it well. If they can't see it they probably won't try to take it and most are looking for a quick grab if it will take too long they will just ignore it or do damage to it because you made it hard for them. Lot's of little hoodrat thieves where I live and I somehow have never gotten broken into even though most of them know about what I have thanks to what Ahmed said.

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Saw an interesting no trespassing sign the other day but can't remember it now. Ifonly I could a simple change if wording and it would have made a great decal.

Something asking the lines of run before I see you because the bullets in my gun like a good chase out something asking those lines is what the sign said.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived