slowfkncar Posted March 17, 2014 Report Posted March 17, 2014 You will be fine with a 4500w amp. Most likely,you will be underpowering after you account voltage drop,available current & impedance rise.
kirill007 Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 Thank you everyone, for your support & suggestions. I finally decided to go with single fi team 18, in a ported setup, maximum recommend box volume & tuning frequency around 28. The sub is rated 4000W RMS, but if I am not wrong, I can overpower it with few hundred watts (4-500).? Like say 4500W, would that be safe.? ( I am going with the extra cooling options that fi provide for customization of each sub) Why would you want to do that? You won't even hear the difference between 4kW or 6kW of power on the same setup only difference is that things will be breaking down quicker. How did you decide for the box? Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
kirill007 Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 They say that more is better They say that supertweeters sound amazing in a 2-way front stage... They say that fourth order bandpass is so much better than a ported box... They say that CCA is soo much cheaper... They say that wiring to 0.5 ohm is better.... Should I go on? Thinking is the root of all problems... You ALWAYS get what you pay for.
bkolfo4 Posted March 18, 2014 Report Posted March 18, 2014 Should I go on? Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Harsh Kumar Posted March 18, 2014 Author Report Posted March 18, 2014 Thank you everyone, for your support & suggestions. I finally decided to go with single fi team 18, in a ported setup, maximum recommend box volume & tuning frequency around 28. The sub is rated 4000W RMS, but if I am not wrong, I can overpower it with few hundred watts (4-500).? Like say 4500W, would that be safe.? ( I am going with the extra cooling options that fi provide for customization of each sub) Why would you want to do that? You won't even hear the difference between 4kW or 6kW of power on the same setup only difference is that things will be breaking down quicker. How did you decide for the box? The recommended volume for box specified by fi is 5-8 cu ft. I planned for going with 8 cu ft. I would be using winISD to design the box. Any better way you would suggest..?
rockFord_Expedition Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 X2 on the fact that 4500W will be fine. I wouldn't chase down a 4500W amp, but if that's what you have it will be fine. Like someone else said, you most likely wont be getting a constant 4500W out of it anyway. Do you have an amp in mind? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Harsh Kumar Posted March 19, 2014 Author Report Posted March 19, 2014 X2 on the fact that 4500W will be fine. I wouldn't chase down a 4500W amp, but if that's what you have it will be fine. Like someone else said, you most likely wont be getting a constant 4500W out of it anyway. Do you have an amp in mind? I have few choices in my mind.. I am getting confused over choosing one, as this is my first big project for daily driving. 1 big vs 2 smaller strapped (price is going almost 1.5x on some choices ).? Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D V2. - $989 + shipping out of usa 2x (Sundown Audio SAZ-2500D V2) - $739 x2 + shipping Soundqubed Q1-3500D.1 - $800 + shipping 2x (Soundqubed Q1-2200D) - $430 x2 + shipping CT Sounds AT4000.1D - $999 + shipping 2x ( CT Sounds AT2500.1D) - $775 x2 +shipping Some others too, but I dont found there price yet. Budget is affecting, initially I planned my budget according to hifonics & lanzar.. but I prefer going with more reliable options
rockFord_Expedition Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 have you looked at a dc 5k? Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
TRTC360 Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 I've seen used 5k go for as low as 500 dollars on classifieds. '93 Firebird Formula V8 H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395 Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4 Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0 G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator www.youtube.com/TRTC360
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.