bassman619 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 1st off let me start by saying why I did what I did to this subwoofer. Months ago I had too much junk in my trunk and I had my memphis mojo firing to the rear well it was rubbing something while bumping and it got a hole in it. The motor coil and suspension are fine the surround just had a hole in it and guess what? No recone kits available for this discontinued sub. so I bought a 15" rf t2 built a box and installed it..6months later it blew. I believe it was a thermal failure ..scratchy sounding woofer death. So its under warranty and its veing sent back to the dealer for warranty replacement but I wasnt happy with it anyway so im going to buy a new substage soon. But I cant have 0 bass in my car because I will go nuts. So I took a piece of surround from an old burnt out sub and hotglued it to the mojo and viola..u now have bass it looks like shit but sounds perfectly fine. I just thought it would be something funny to look at and interesting for everyone to comment on. Whatever it is good or bad I dnt care go ahead. 1st pic is the before and last 4 are the after You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
bassman619 Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Noel989 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 I've seen the whole surround duct taped lol Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Turboelky Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 That's interesting that the sub looks very similar to a JL W7. I wonder if one or the other is a copy.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 That's interesting that the sub looks very similar to a JL W7. I wonder if one or the other is a copy. The mojo looks absolutely nothing like a w7. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Noel989 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 That's interesting that the sub looks very similar to a JL W7. I wonder if one or the other is a copy.The mojo looks absolutely nothing like a w7. I think he's referring to the logo placement Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Smoove Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Who is that DC guy who duct taped his subs? 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Redremedy Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/48050-thor-dc-lvl-5-buildspl-xl-log-new-pics-up/?p=823961
bassman619 Posted March 14, 2014 Author Report Posted March 14, 2014 I know the mojo was definitely made to compete with the jl w7 kicker l7 and rockford t2..memphis is a good sq brand but definitely very commercialized and over priced. And hey I thought qbout duct tape but I fwlt a patch with hotglue would last longer. And it looks like a frankenstein of a sub now lol..at least I got some kind of bass in my shit..yeaaaaaaa You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 14, 2014 Report Posted March 14, 2014 Who is that DC guy who duct taped his subs? your talking about Rob aka thorshammer Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.