Blazer Guys: Help Needed

My shocks were badly in need of replacement, and got a new fuel pump, and my fuel pressure regulator was leaking. Other than that it's been good to me. The rear hatch glass and rear doors rattle like a mofo too, can't seem to quiet them.

FYI:

The fuel pressure regulator is on the spider fuel injector on the top of the engine, under the throttle body. You know it's leaking if the car is hard to start anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours after you shut it off, but starts fine after sitting for any period after that. Reason is because that regulator leaks fuel on top of your pistons, flooding the engine for those short periods. When it has longer to sit, the fuel seeps down past your pistons. Because of that, your oil will also smell like fuel. Just a heads up, can be a bitch to troubleshoot if you don't know to look for it.

Wait wait wait, thread jack time

Lets talk more here. Bro, mine starts like shit. But after i get it running, and shut it off, then quickly turn it back over, it fires right up.

More on this please? Replacement? or what?

TIA

Trannys are easy to find for the blazers, since so many vehicles have then.

Almost bullet proff engine ( same as the 305/350 but 2 cylinders cut off)

And are cheap to maintain

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Thanks for all the input guys. Here's the deal now, homeboy must've went ahead and sold it instead of holding onto it like we had previously shook on. Craigslist ad is gone, and he won't answer my calls. (Motherfucker.) But I found another one. 95 4x4 with 170k. I'm going to look at it later today, we'll see what happens. Guys says all it needs is the regulator in the drivers door, but everything else is fine. He still daily drives it, so apparently it atleast runs. Like I said, we'll see.

I will be upgrading to a build 4l80e before I do any power upgrades though.

This sounds like an option if I keep it long enough... I was wondering if there was a better trans out there. I may look into that sometime down the road.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

My shocks were badly in need of replacement, and got a new fuel pump, and my fuel pressure regulator was leaking. Other than that it's been good to me. The rear hatch glass and rear doors rattle like a mofo too, can't seem to quiet them.

FYI:

The fuel pressure regulator is on the spider fuel injector on the top of the engine, under the throttle body. You know it's leaking if the car is hard to start anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours after you shut it off, but starts fine after sitting for any period after that. Reason is because that regulator leaks fuel on top of your pistons, flooding the engine for those short periods. When it has longer to sit, the fuel seeps down past your pistons. Because of that, your oil will also smell like fuel. Just a heads up, can be a bitch to troubleshoot if you don't know to look for it.

Lets talk more here. Bro, mine starts like shit. But after i get it running, and shut it off, then quickly turn it back over, it fires right up.

TIA

Does yours start like shit or just fine based on the different amount of time it's been sitting like I explained?

But the fuel pressure regulator is a little piece on the spider injector. Sometimes it's the regulator, sometimes it's the whole injector. Only way you will know if it's that is if you pull off the throttle body and intake plenum, and the top of your intake is clean in spots. In this case, dirty is better. But you will also have the indicators I explained in my first post, as far as starting and your oil smelling like fuel or anything other than oil, which basically smells like nothing on the dipstick.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

I haver a '95 Blazer (bought in 2003).

In the 10+ yrs, all parts have now been replaced, these SUV's

for some mysterious reasoning get a really bum rap i find..

i have only two issues that are ongoing to this day,

-the is the EGR-valve: always requires either removal,replacing or

a good cleaning from the soot that gets

built up & stops the valve from moving cleanly & will run like complete crap

stalling,idle surging,non starting as a result if not attended to !

-The rear wiper continually fails,don't operate,or motor fries.

The Fuel regulators in these also to have a higher failure rate

(95-96 Blazers) had to replace mine once($700) in the decade owned.

Also the rear hatch has this little plastic clip that *WILL* break at some point and

you won't be able to drop the tailgate down AND it is kinda a bitch to remove the

panel & manually drop tailgate to get in there and access broken piece. BUT

i fixed mine with my own fabrication piece,and it has now worked flawlessly for over

6yrs now( will send you a pic if you ever need it OP)..

Also front end parts seem to wear out a tad bit fast.

My conclusion on these:

Great buy,tough lil beasts, smart/decent interior design. Also, front end parts seem to wear

out a tad fast...

but to/for me=I'd buy another!

FYI:

TIA

Not sure on 4.3's, but on the "Vortec" 350's it needed a whole new spider injector setup. Would need a new lower intake gasket at the same time just to be safe.

4L60E's are fairly bulletproof if you treat them right, for example...don't hotrod the fuck out of it, don't throw a shit load of weight at them. If you do decide to do a big build in them(walled blazer guys, take note of this) it's a good idea to get an aftermarket transmission cooler. Or, another option, is to get a full-width trans cooler out of a fullsize GMT400 and put in it.

Thing's I've noticed from that platform are mainly just a TON of body roll, and a sort of rough ride from the backseat.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Thanks for that. I kinda have an idea for a big build and was wondering about the weight. Taking notes, guys. I appreciate it.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I've taken my walled blazer on a few 500+ mile road trips and it drives fine, seats are actually really comfortable

gas mileage sucks lol

bad body roll but hoping new leafs will help with that

Same. First show I went to and took 2 first places.

433 miles round trip. Ran the ac 85% of the time.

Hills where kinda a struggle. Lol. But I kept up with traffic.

Got me and Laura there, pounded on it, and then back.

So far, I'm pretty damn happy with it. And all I do is hammer on it.

Archived