Gravlin216 Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 I just installed 2 brand new fully loaded Fi bl 12's with a brand new RF 1500bdcp.I used to have 2 RF T0's with a 1000bdcp amp. Does the stiffness of the subs make a difference in spl, these BL's are stiff as shit. It seems like I shoulda just kept what I had installed since it put out more spl at lower settings and volume,and do I have to take it easy on the BL's until they get broken in more or does that not matter.About how long until I see a difference if that's the case? Keep in mind I'm using them daily.I guess I was expecting more out the gate,they sound good but I just need to tweak the settings more than the old setup. There dual 2 ohm and are wired to a 2ohm load which still gives me more then my T0's wired at 1ohm to the 1000bdcp.
gckless Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 Sheesh man, try doing a search. Probably the most argued about thing. Everyone will have an opinion. Best to do what the manufacturer recommends to make sure your warranty will be honored. But many people do not break it in specifically, that will happen over time during normal play. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Joe X Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 A 1500bdcp to two bls wired to 2 ohm is 1000W to each at most. You are going easy on them already. Give them a couple of weeks and you will likely notice a difference.
Ninja_v1.0 Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 to break in a fi sub you beat the living shit out of it. yes you will gain some once they are fully broken in.. thanks for coming.. When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL
SnowDrifter Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 to break in a fi sub you beat the living shit out of it. yes you will gain some once they are fully broken in.. thanks for coming.. This. I've been free airing my team sub at full xmax and it still isn't loosened up. Full tilt it, they'll break in on their own. If you baby them they will never loosen up ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Gravlin216 Posted March 20, 2014 Author Report Posted March 20, 2014 A 1500bdcp to two bls wired to 2 ohm is 1000W to each at most. You are going easy on them already. Give them a couple of weeks and you will likely notice a difference. Hey man...They were sounding pretty good in that box once i tweaked the settings hopefully it'll be even better in a couple weeks,because I don't have much room to have you design me another one like I thought.
Joe X Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 A 1500bdcp to two bls wired to 2 ohm is 1000W to each at most. You are going easy on them already. Give them a couple of weeks and you will likely notice a difference. Hey man...They were sounding pretty good in that box once i tweaked the settings hopefully it'll be even better in a couple weeks,because I don't have much room to have you design me another one like I thought. Play them hard, I'm sure they will get better, if the box is too tight you can always free air them so it happens faster.
ImaNoob Posted March 20, 2014 Report Posted March 20, 2014 I have had my fully loaded BL12 on a 1500 at .7 for a year, Beating the shit out of it. I just pulled it out the box last week..The fuckers are just as stiff as day 1..Im not even sure what breakin is on these subs.. 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Xs3400 1500BDCP FI BL 12 3sq @ 32hz Rockford t675 T400.2 Stinger Deadner Build Log Here
Mike Gibbens Matthew Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 I spent 3 months with my Treo's trying to "break them in and be easy". Didnt work. Stayed stiff. I had to say "F" it and pound on them with more than the recommended RMS for a year before they started to loosen up. Ive had them for almost 5 years now. hmmmmmm, maybe its time for an upgrade..... 07 KIA Spectra 320a Singer Alt Odyssey Extreme batteries 2 12" Phantom sounds (4.6 cu. net @ 32) - soon to be 2 Atomic ELE 2 Rockford Fosgate T2500bd-CP Zapco Z150.2 Front comps soon to be Hertz HSK Pioneer 80prs Second skin deadener throughout
gally Posted March 21, 2014 Report Posted March 21, 2014 I spent 3 months with my Treo's trying to "break them in and be easy". Didnt work. Stayed stiff. I had to say "F" it and pound on them with more than the recommended RMS for a year before they started to loosen up. Ive had them for almost 5 years now. hmmmmmm, maybe its time for an upgrade..... you had the SSX models from treo? 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.