I'd have to say THE BEST loud speaker

Cable arguments kill me.

Last one I had was a friend who changed the wire inside his speakers to a $10/ft wire (same gauge) and kept telling me how much it "opened up" the sound and imaging. My one question: you changed 1' of wire in a circuit that has probably 100' of wire and it did what?

A guy I worked with in MI had $300 6' power cables on his mono amps. Had them plugged into $9 surge protectors from Walmart. And those surge protectors were plugged directly into wall sockets in a 30+ year old house. Hmmm.

Was in Best Buy a few months ago. Guy was buying a $290 TV and a $99 HDMI cable. Told him to order a $6 cable on line. Best Buy guy told him if he wanted a good picture stick with the $99 monster cable. . .saw him in the checkout line with the $99 cable.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Congratulations. Now you have a benchmark by which to judge other audio systems. The fact that most people have never heard a $40,000.00 audio system is the only reason why Amar Bose is able to sell his cheap loudspeakers along with his BS pitch that bouncing sound off every wall in the room somehow accomplishes accurate sound reproduction.

B&W has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in the pursuit of eliminating standing waves and refraction while Amar Bose has spent millions of dollars convincing people that a shit sammich is páté.

:WTFBubble:

wait,shit sammich isnt patte?

Congratulations. Now you have a benchmark by which to judge other audio systems. The fact that most people have never heard a $40,000.00 audio system is the only reason why Amar Bose is able to sell his cheap loudspeakers along with his BS pitch that bouncing sound off every wall in the room somehow accomplishes accurate sound reproduction.

B&W has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in the pursuit of eliminating standing waves and refraction while Amar Bose has spent millions of dollars convincing people that a shit sammich is páté.

:WTFBubble:

wait,shit sammich isnt patte?

lmfao wut

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Was in Best Buy a few months ago. Guy was buying a $290 TV and a $99 HDMI cable. Told him to order a $6 cable on line. Best Buy guy told him if he wanted a good picture stick with the $99 monster cable. . .saw him in the checkout line with the $99 cable.

I tell this to my friends when they go buying cables. It's always seems that the ones with a little bit of knowledge think they know more than anyone and that the $99 HDMI will be better than the <$10 ones I get for my friends that decide to try out my way.

Never have I seen a difference between HDMI cables of the same length no matter the cost. I have had one experience where I lost some parts of the image on a cable that was 25-30ft long. I'm not sure because I haven't ever looked into length tests, but in that cable it was a very clear and obvious stutters and other holidays in the picture.

As for sound treatments, Siegfried Linkwitz has a great AES presentation on how you can get by with minimal sound treatments. Note that he is using dipole speakers instead of monopole.

#23 has the audio recording and the presentation to follow along with.

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/publications.htm

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

That's why I stick with Car Audio, Home Audio is way too damn expensive, though could learn to make towers from parts express drivers lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Transmission Audio’s Ultimate

$2,000,000

At $2 million, Transmission Audio’s Ultimate system is truly the pinnacle of bank-breaking speaker systems. I’d wager it sounds pretty good as well.

Ultimate consists of twelve 500W speakers, an Audio Laboratory BP-1 dual-mono power amp and a BC-1 preamp. In addition to the already impressive array of speakers, Ultimate also features forty 15” subwoofers and another twenty-four 8” woofers. On the high-midrange and high frequency levels, ribbon technology is employed for high fidelity and reliability.

expensive-speakers-transmission-audio-ul
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

When I went to this shop he had some standing flat towers like that. Those things sound fucking amazing man. Crazy ass technology

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If you go to madisound they have diamond tweeters made by accuton for about 2500 bux each. http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hard-dome-tweeter/accuton-d20-6-3/4-diamond-dome-tweeter-89.5db-d20n-6-31/?mobile=0

What's next, tweeters made out of graphene and carbon nano tubes. Lol it will be a good twenty years before this stuff really goes mainstream. I still would like to hear one of those flagship B&W setups though.

On the cable discussion. Get yourself a decent pair of shielded rca cables and be happy with that. Or go ham and spend 10 grand at Kimber. If most experts can't hear the difference I'm sure I won't either.

It's kind of aggravating really. The main purpose of all this is to listen to music. Sometimes it seems Ike's they can't see the forest for the trees.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

The difference here tends to be durability. The $99 monster cable is better built and will handle being stepped on or pulled one or tugged on more times than the cheap ones. I can't bring myself to spend that though. If you have a bunch of signal wires together then having some nicer ones with better shielding is the way to go.

Also as we see all the time with power wire, the gauge size between manufacturers is never consistent. More "high end" (high priced) brands will have bigger cable. But I'm talking about 6 vs 25 dollar cable. 100-300 cable? No idea how that's justifiable.

I think some of the best speakers I've heard were JBL no idea what model or amp pushing them, I just remember closing my eyes and thinking that I could pinpoint the members of the band and where they stood. Awesome sound.

Archived