talknthashxt Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 I have a set of focal 6.5 components in my doors which sound great. So I added some kick panels and another set of identical 6.5 components. They are running off of a t-400 with the crossover points nearly identical. The new set in the kicks sound like garbage. No mid range what so ever. Checked polarity. Everything good there... does anyone know what's going on?
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 I would check your wiring or amp settings, I've used them before and they were great Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
dolarbilz Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 I would check your wiring or amp settings, I've used them before and they were greatThis plus adding more speakers at different alignment will change sound
bcbrassard Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Did you do any sound deaden to make speakers sound the best they can? I have heard sound deadening the back of the kicks makes them more rigid, and what about the area behind it? I sound deadened mine and they sound good, but door speakers sound better. I didnt have a lot of room(air space) behind my kickers which is why i think there is a sound difference. Kicks are T2s & doors are T3. All ran off a T400-2 so each speaker is seeing about 125 watts. All and All real happy with how it turned out. I add more deadener than whats in this pic. Dry fitting it. T2 have punchy midbass due to lack of air space. T3 is deeper and sounds better to me.
tacomaguy1 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Have heard those are kind of flimsy Try stiffing them up with deadener or something like he said Team Flex Issues
Nasty1 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 I got a tube of liquid nails and put it behind the kicks. Spread an even coat over most of it. Make sure u don't get any on the parts that go against the panels or they won't fit right. 2 DC Audio lvl 4 xl 18s D .7s walled off @ 30 hz 19 cubes net 245sq in of port Sundown 3500 @ .7 Ohm Sundown 100.4 Rockford Fosgat Power Series 5.25 Dash 6.5 Kicks 8 Coaxils Doors 250 mechicman alt 1 red top under the hood 2 yellow tops in back big 3 with 1/0 knukonceptz wire 3 runs of +/- 1/0 knukonceptz wire IT LBS
talknthashxt Posted March 25, 2014 Author Report Posted March 25, 2014 Thanks for the replys. .. I didn't deaden them at all.. just added the poly fill that came with the kicks..I double checked the wiring today and its all good... I used nvx wire so its very hard to screw up polarity...I can honestly say that with just the one set in the doors ot sounds better...I'm going to put some dynamat on the back...and I'll let you guys know what happens...
bcbrassard Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 Yes please use sound deadener only! and try it with out the polyfill to see which way sounds better. I put Q-logics in my sons Tahoe and found they where so so. Found what others had done to make them better. I fiberglassed my kicks. It was the first attempt and real happy with how it turned out. Good luck and keep us posted.
poorfish88 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 The speakers in your doors have a lot more room to work with, and the ones in the kicks has almost no room. The extra room makes is easier for the door speakers to make mid bass.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.