Second Skin Audio

Noob questions, please help with woofer selection.

greezychef

My current setup is a RF t1500 on 2 Re audio se-x 10's. Birthsheet on amp reads 1857 @ 1 ohm. Enclosure measure 29x16x14 and has a single port. uncertain of tuning. Im actually happy with it at the moment. Just not sure how long the Re's will last and will be looking to upgrade the subs in a few months.

my question is silly i guess just not sure which subs to get. Like should i look for subs rated 750 watts rms or 1000 watts. Have almost decided to go with Fi audio, but should i try the ssd's or the x's? the AA havocs are 800 watts rms which would be good but cant find em anywhere.

this is in a cadillac ats and i like sq but i like spl as well a good mix would be great. any help would be appreciated.

3 soundqubed hds200 3 10s

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

3 soundqubed hds 3 10s

I've always wondered how they sound. It appears that a lot of people are very happy with Soundqubed subwoofers, according to the reviews on official website. And the price is amazingly cheap. I have to say that I love the looks on the subwoofers. Very strong and good-looking subwoofers. I'd love to hear them in person!

3 soundqubed hds 3 10s

I've always wondered how they sound. It appears that a lot of people are very happy with Soundqubed subwoofers, according to the reviews on official website. And the price is amazingly cheap. I have to say that I love the looks on the subwoofers. Very strong and good-looking subwoofers. I'd love to hear them in person!

same here. the 79 dollar price tag almost makes me suspicious.

I thought the same but my hds312 is a beast! You have to have a pretty large box though.

our subs are beast for the price

3 soundqubed hds 3 10s

same here. the 79 dollar price tag almost makes me suspicious.

you would have to build a new box for both of them because the one you have now is about 2.1 cubes before displacement which would be way to small for them. they would need close to 1.5ft^3 net each so 2.6-3 net (after sub and port displacement) but its soundqubed, they dont sell bad products. one of the best companies for the money.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

thanks for the responses. not gonna change boxes. i think the Fi ssd's would work fine. these re's just arent gonna last. just went on a nice long ride and popped the trunk when i got home. put my hand on the cone and they felt real real warm. they ve had about 2 months break in time. my car holds voltage real well. this amp is crushing these subs. think i need to figure out my enclosure tuning and contact Fi again.

Warm cone is normal after long drives with music. I built a setup with a rf t1500bdcp ,single 12" re sx pro,2.2 cubes net tuned to 30hz at 1 ohm. Yes the sub gets warm but believe me it handles it. Coils are actually still shiny and fresh looking. Only problem i have with re subs are the tinsel leads burning the spider.

Archived