Electrical guys... Read it and weep

:WTFBubble: What country is he from? American?

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

But you won't get a spark unhooking the negative first. Sure, hooking it back up you might, but not unhooking it. And there are fumes sitting (in the air- is the term "sitting" your hang up?) on top of the battery. That is why you hook up jumper cables in a specific order, to avoid sparks that may ignite the fumes. You do know that lead acid batteries vent right?

The leaking electrons thing is a huge WTF though...

You'll get a spark regardless of what order you do anything in. The idea behind doing the negative first is that if your wrench shorts out against the frame you don't get a fireworks show

Hooking up jumper cables in a specific order is to minimize the chance of the cables shorting out to each other. It has nothing to do with sparks on the battery

Regarding fumes, its hydrogen gas. It is a very minute amount. Unless the battery is sitting in an enclosed area under an overcharge condition, you don't need to worry about igniting anything. Hydrogen is lighter than air, it goes up up and away. Not like gas fumes where they settle. Pop off the caps and see how much gas comes out. Its the occasional very tine bubble here and there. Not enough to pose an explosion or fire hazard

People have had batteries blow up on them, and it was from a spark and from gases vented from the battery.

You remove the negative first because that's the direction electrons flow, from negative to positive. The wrench thing is just something that can happen if you remove the wrong cable. It is not the reason for removing the negative first.

Unless you have a serious draw (you shouldn't), there should never be an arc (spark) when removing the negative terminal. There may be when hooking it up, as capacitors in attached equipment may have drained and the sudden recharging of them draws enough current that it can cause an arc.

You know what that say: Those who can't do- teach.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Here is what my daughter had to say. :)

19046212.JPG

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Just read through this whole topic and it seems to me there are a bunch of people in here that are just hating on this guy because you have all just had your minds blown due to the electron leaking you didn't realize you had!

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Electron leakage. Probably the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Also just realized that SnowDrifter is the same age as I am, but has the electrical knowledge of someone who has been doing electrical work for 30 years.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

People have had batteries blow up on them, and it was from a spark and from gases vented from the battery.

You remove the negative first because that's the direction electrons flow, from negative to positive. The wrench thing is just something that can happen if you remove the wrong cable. It is not the reason for removing the negative first.

Unless you have a serious draw (you shouldn't), there should never be an arc (spark) when removing the negative terminal. There may be when hooking it up, as capacitors in attached equipment may have drained and the sudden recharging of them draws enough current that it can cause an arc.

Since when did electron flow matter? Its the difference in potential that creates the apart, not the direction in which electrons are flowing.

Show me a case of a battery blowing up. Not something you pulled from google images (anything can happen there. Battery shatters due to impact and it "exploded)

Not from your friends uncle either. I always hear this story and someone "heard it somewhere" but no one can identify a case of it happening

Archived