Electrical guys... Read it and weep

Holy crap.... I've never tried to hard to keep my mouth shut before

To my teacher... Talking about wiring.... Says if you need to probe a wire, that you need to cover the hole back up with nail polish so the electrons to leak out. The man was dead serious too. Not because of moisture and corrosion... But because of an electron leak. Wtf??

He also talks about alternators. They produce a/c current. He then asks the class how it is turned into DC. I say via a set of rectifiers. He says I'm wrong and that they use diodes. Dude... HELLOOO a rectifier IS a pack of diodes. He then proceeds to "teach" us about what happens by drawing a diagram. Draws a single phase a/c wave, erases the bottom half, then says boom that's DC. He uses the same diagram to say that your alternator charges at 28v, but because you don't use the negative voltage you only get 14v.

Then for batteries... ALWAYS unhook the negative first because you will NEVER get a spark that way. Not because of the wrench arcing between the positive terminal and the body of the car... But because you don't want to ignite the fumes sitting on top of the battery, which according to him, will NEVER EVER EVER EVER happen if you unhook the negative terminal first.......

Seriously WTF how do people like this become a "teacher"? This guy's job is traveling around giving false information? I mean come on.....

Lmfao that's awesome.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

The scary part is that you're probably being tested on this..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Damn sounds like one of my old teachers when I went to college. Some teachers I swear are complete morons.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

doing rectifiers right now in class actually, playing around with cuttoff active and saturation transistors.

ask him if he knows which way current travels. i really hope he can get that right -.- if he's so strong behind his negative terminal theory

edit: i wonder if he understands how many electrons are in amp lol

This kind of shit is exactly the reason why I have absolutely no interest in knowing what your college credentials are. And not you specifically but anyone. I could care less about degrees, prestigious schools or how many years a person spent in school.

It reminds me of the old saying... don't tell me how busy you've been, show me what you've done.

Same applies here... don't show me or tell me about your diploma, just talk to me for ten minutes and I'll know all I need to know.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

This kind of shit is exactly the reason why I have absolutely no interest in knowing what your college credentials are. And not you specifically but anyone. I could care less about degrees, prestigious schools or how many years a person spent in school.

It reminds me of the old saying... don't tell me how busy you've been, show me what you've done.

Same applies here... don't show me or tell me about your diploma, just talk to me for ten minutes and I'll know all I need to know.

Too bad that little piece of paper is what will eventually get me my job. Or even in more reality when I start getting close to that piece of paper.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

To make things worse I was the youngest one there. Instructor was in his mid 50s with supposedly lots of experience.

I like to think that both myself and most everyone else on SMD has an edge with this electrical stuff because we deal with it all the time. But if you are the average Joe, don't know any better, and don't question/analyze things (IMO you should do that to every piece of information given). That sort of misinformation given to you as the groundwork for the rest of your learning... That's going to act as a hindrance

Archived