Sundown Audio

Taramp 5000w 2 ohm

roycealbert1

i just got this taramp 5000w 2 ohm stable amp. its running to my sp4 18 at 4 ohms and it says it does 4000w at 3.8v and 3335w at 12.6v

i had this sub going off a saz 2500 before at one ohm and it played waaay louder than it does with the taramp. i only have one strand of power and ground going to it just btw and the line fuse is a 160a. and i have two batteries with a 200a alternator with all 0 gauge wire.

so i was wondering if anyone knows about this amp if i could get away with running it at 1 ohm daily.

well here it goes.. impedance rise is a bitch if its wired at 2 ohms i wouldnt be surprised if its rising to 16 ohms.. the lower you wire the less rise you have

well here it goes.. impedance rise is a bitch if its wired at 2 ohms i wouldnt be surprised if its rising to 16 ohms.. the lower you wire the less rise you have

well ive read that some guys have ran these amps below what they are suppose to daily and were fine. i dont have the electrical for 5k and at one ohm this amp will do 6000+ according to its specs. but i would have the gain probably about half.

well ive read that some guys have ran these amps below what they are suppose to daily and were fine. i dont have the electrical for 5k and at one ohm this amp will do 6000+ according to its specs. but i would have the gain probably about half.

half gain dont mean half power. you can be getting all power at 25% of the gain.. it all depends on the HU and its your job to gain match

Archived