I'm considering giving some Lucas products a shot, mainly their fuel system cleaner and oil stabilizer. Who here has any experience with them? What kind of benefits have you seen? I'm looking mainly for a bit more gas mileage. I've talked to quite a few people with a Jeep exactly like mine (4.0L I6, 4x4) that are getting much better gas mileage than me. I'm sitting around 11.5mpg, and it's killing me...

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Oil stabilizer works wonders. Really thick gooey stuff. Use a little bit every time I change my oil.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I stand by lucas products they've never done me wrong

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

One alternative to fuel system cleaner is to run a tank of premium once a month or so usually has the same effects.

Plus on an average 20 gallon tank and premium is usually 20 cents more that is only an extra 4 bucks per tank. Which is cheaper than fuel system cleaner anyway

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

for the most part in the gas tank it's snake oil.

With that being said I even use a can of sea foam now and then in the tank. Also in the oil and top end.

The true way to increase gas mileage is to have a good running car which means new plugs, wires etc and properly inflated tires

If it doenst hurt why not, just don't expect 20% gains or anything.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Lucas sponsored the Top Fuel dragster I wrenched on halfway through the season, and gave us all the free oil additive you can imagine.

We usually ran 12qts of 70w then 3qts of 140w gear lube. Even on a good run, the bearings were shredded to oblivion. When we started adding their Synthetic oil additive in place of the gear lube, the bearing looked AMAZING after a good pass. (amazing for a top fueler anyways, lol)

With that said...

You don't have a 10,000hp engine.

Additives are not necessary at all, and usually do more damage than good. If there was some awesome jungle juice that helped, bet your ass to an antelope that it'd be formulated in your oil already.

Bottom line-Use good oil, maybe a tad thinner than you have now.

Fuel additives-They work, and do amazing things. Unfortunately, all the good ones will kill you and thus are not on the shelves. Just run some moistire removal shit once in a while. Also, running 93 if your car calls for 87 is worse on your engine, and hurts mileage. Trust me on this.

Thanks guys. I have a long trip coming up this weekend (400 miles round trip) so that's why I was thinking of trying it. I'm gonna check my plugs tomorrow and get my tires rotated and balanced as well as an oil change very soon. I just got the car three weeks ago, so I'm trying to get around to all the maintenance stuff just so that I know it's been done and have a regular schedule going. I thought it'd be worth a shot to try something for my fuel system, mainly. I used Gum Out in my Malibu and it made a pretty noticeable difference, but I've been curious about Lucas products for a while.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Archived