Sonic Electronix

DO YOU PURCHASE MOBILE AUDIO PRODUCTS ONLINE, AND IF SO WHY?

MOBILE AUDIO ONLINE PURCHASES  

171 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU LOOK TO SEE IF THE ONLINE STORE IS AN AUTHORIZED DEALER?

2. 2. HOW MANY RETAIL LOCAL BRICK AND MORTAR STORES DID YOU VISIT BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE ONLINE?

3. 3. WHY DID YOU PURCHASE ONLINE

• PRICE
    • WASN'T AVAIALBE/INSTOCK LOCALLY
    • FAST SHIPPING
  4. 4. WOULD YOU HAVE PURCHASED LOCALLY IF IT WAS IN STOCK BUT COST A LITTLE MORE?

• YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $10 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $20 MORE
    • YES, BUT ONLY UP TO $30 MORE
    • NO, NOT UNLESS THE STORE SOLD FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONLINE
  5. 5. IF YOUR LOCAL STORE MATCHED THE ONLINE PRICE, BUT DIDN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK WOULD YOU STILL PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 2 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN 3 DAYS OR LESS
    • YES, IF THE STORE COULD GET THE PRODUCT IN A WEEK OR LESS
    • NO
  6. 6. WHAT IS THE MAIN REASON FOR NOT MAKING YOUR PURCHASE LOCALLY?

• PRODUCT NOT IN STOCK
    • PRICE
    • CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    • LOCAL SHOP DOESN'T ADVERTISE SALES/SPECIALS

Asking this question on SMD is a trick bag as the members here know there are 1,000,000+1 different options out there and tons of references and buying options. I think your results on the poll will reflect that.

But then again what do I know. :)

Main reason I asked the question on here. SMD I feel has a very knowledgeable forum base and they have access to more info than your average consumer.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

I like local dealers but there is a simple expectation I have.

1. If I ask for a product you don't have in stock don't shove something else down my throat

2. Tell the truth, if someone goes in there saying they want the loudest best sounding stereo in town with a $1000 limit be honest. Tell them you can get them a good start with that but they will have to save up more to upgraded in order to achieve that. Your being honest and fair to them while offering future service to keep them happy.

3. If someone is buying a power hungry amp(s) tell them stock electrical won't handle it/like it. Offer them batttery(s) and wiring. Point them in the right direction.

4. When someone wants sound deadener explain what the different types of deadener is for. It will only get them thinking and to buy more for better sound.

5. Have the right tools to make sure the stereo equipment will last. Correctly set gains, filters, and explain the benifit but risk of boosted music/boost settings on head units.

could list more but its just about customer service and offering the knowledge to the customer so that they know why you suggest different things and how it will help.

as for pricing its simple really. Offer price matching including shipping. If someone comes in and says I want x sub and online its 350+45shipping and you have it marked for 625 match th online price. If say you paid 400 for it shipped just tell them the truth. Tell them you would only make $5 profit and that your willing to go down to say 450 and that getting it from you at the slightly higher price gives them the convenience of not waiting on shipping. A lot of people would be happy about the customer service and honesty and be more willing to go for it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I only have 1 shop that I support and that's my buddies shop because he is knowledgeable and price matches product and he will get me anything I need even if it isn't a product he advertises. Other than that I don't shop locally because most of them are full of mainstream sub par equipment and the employees don't know hardly anything

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Voted

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I havent actually bought anything from a local dealer since 1998.

One of the biggest reasons I started as an online dealer was because I don't have any local dealers in my area anymore.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Usually I buy online because of not in stock. Houston has a huge distribution for car audio and since I've been at a known stores here I know all the distribution centers and get wholesale if not couple dollars on top if wholesale.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Archived