Hands in the air now. Rough idle, shitty start, odd smell.

Kyle, I wish you the best of luck. Fuel pump and cat(s) are no big deal. Tuned in for the cure in the end.

When this is all done...think how much better you will feel, focus on that

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Kylar, if you are getting a random missfire. As #5 one time then say #2 and then #6 sounds like the pickup coil in the distributor has gone bad. I had the same issue at about 80k miles. Replaced all the normal stuff for a tune up like you did, then sure as shit was the pickup coil. Good luck, and at least their cheap. About 10-15 bucks.

Edit- a bad pickup coil will cause exhaust to smell bad.

truthsayer

Had him remove everything and clear the service light.

Started it up this morning after a shit and shave, same ole. Shitty start, rough/bouncy idle. Drove it to the local store to get a MtDew, left it running.

Service light is back on. Lols.

Coil pick up eh??? Hmmmmm I can certainly try.

Also, the dude told me he's 99.9% sure it's the fuel pump.

Maybe I'll just shoot for gold and replace that to. Fuck I worked at a place that made to much mkney. Through money at everything.

I feel that blind, and, I have not the back account. :(

Thanks for help all.

Make a thread on blazerforum

Those guys know their shit

Worth a try

http://m.blazerforum.com/forum/?styleid=4

well, i wrote a blank check to the "guy" doing the diagnostic down there. I left it.

He swears its a fuel pump. :shrug: fuck i dunno man..... he has this week to show me something..

I dont have the time now. He has it, with some wiggle room.,.. well see. Im pissed off to tell you the truth.

Fuel pump did help with some pressure, but, now its replacing 2 injectors, and the fuel spider and FPregulator., which was my FIRST want to do........

I wanna hang myself...

Ive got more into repair and my teeth this week, than i do in the entire build MINUS the hours of work.

FML

Sounds like the mechanic is just throwing shit in racking up the bill. He should have tested for pressure and code to know in advanced if it was a fuel pump( which i doubt that was the issue, it would have whined and gave you issues at all speeds, not just idle). But know he's throwing in new injectors and spider, hell he's making me nervous.

If this shit dont fix the problem i deff wouldn't pay him for labor. Your sure going to be pissed if it turns out to be a $10 pick up coil.

Anyway good luck man.

truthsayer

Have you jiggled the power cord? Might be time to drop it off and say fix it.

Just a heads up. You wont get what youve paid out of it in blood sweat and tears if you puss out.

I know bro.

I've lost in ever single sell with this venture. That I understand and know.

And ya kid, I'm not stupid, and all the work up to the scan was done by me.

Only thing that I paid someone else to do, was put a code reader on.

All It did was show a mid fire on 2 different cyls.

I put a hose and gage on, and it reads fine. Bit it does drift after ignition.

This is where the dude with the meter says it's bad. 60psi and drops. I just struggle with it miss firing with a bad pump. I can see and understand the sensors trying to ccompensate for a bad reading. I get it. Buuut something is squishy to me ?!?!

(I'm no car mechanic)

if your fuel pressure is dropping, that can cause a misfire to an extent. If there isnt enough fuel getting to the cylinders, they wont fire and burn correctly causing the computer to see it as a misfire. Not likely, but possible. If the truck still has the spider injectors it might be time to convert it to a mfi injection system. Chevrolet realised that the spider injection was crap, so they made a conversion kit for all the vortec motors. It aint cheap, seeing as how to do the conversion you need to replace the intake, which depending on the mechanic can run a pretty penny. It does seem that your issue is fuel related. I would think that if the pressure drops off after it is started that possibly an injector is sticking open. I know your pain. My last chevy 1500 I had had issues with the spider injectors, but it also had 300k miles on it when it started fucking up.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Sounds like Egr, I have a 3.8l that one day ran just kjkr that out of the blue. Had a sulfer smell. Was a simple thing called a Egr. Something to do with takeing exhaust through it to make the idel smooth. What happens over time is it get all clogged up with sulfer shit.

Don't know for sure if thats it but here is a video that will shoe you what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07nC6sQ2FI

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Archived