Hands in the air now. Rough idle, shitty start, odd smell.

Hell with mfi, carb it! I can get 4150 manifolds for that engine.

only issue with a carb on it would be getting the CEL off, and getting things reading correctly for emissions. with the mfi system there is support from chevrolet so people who need to can still pass emissions. yes you would be able to pass emissions with a carb, but it would require more work to be done

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

My blazer had most of the same problems, a can of MAF sensor cleaner and about half an hour of cleaning it and i was good, all codes cleared themselves and to this day i haven't had another code. It didn't look dirty either, but a 10 dollar can of cleaner its better then replacing all my O2 sensors like the "professional" was telling me

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

Just seeing this thread for the first time. I assume you are have the CSEFI engine and not the MFI. As mentioned the CSEFI uses the spider injectors.

What plugs did you use on the tune up - I recommend only AC Delco platinum on the vortec engines

If you sprayed any type of cleaner into the intake while the vehicle was running - TB / Carb / MAF / EGR cleaners - then chances are your CAT is clogged and needs to be replaced - with 80x thousand miles on the Cat its a good bet its bad anyways on a vortec.

Find a place that sells gas without ethanol and don't go anywhere else for gas.

You probably need to replace all your 02 sensors and the Cat and maybe even the muffler - I have had the cat go bad in these and shit itself into the muffler - cat was empty when removed and all the guts were clogging the muffler.

Have you done a compression check yet?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Emmisions?

What tree huggin, Obama humpin, tofu fuckin state does he live in?

On the real, I always forget about emissions. I've never had them where I've lived.

Utah, Fuck emissions. OKLAHOMA!

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have to run a standalone tranny controller too? Or could he use the factory PCM? Off topic..

Clogged cats, fucked up pressure regulator, and failing spider injectors. http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/Vortec_spider_fuel_injection_conversion.html

Wild shot in the dark, but it could be a failing cam position sensor also, to some extent. I goofed on mine in my car and it was causing a wicked extended crank on start.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Sounds like Egr, I have a 3.8l that one day ran just kjkr that out of the blue. Had a sulfer smell. Was a simple thing called a Egr. Something to do with takeing exhaust through it to make the idel smooth. What happens over time is it get all clogged up with sulfer shit.

Don't know for sure if thats it but here is a video that will shoe you what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07nC6sQ2FI

Egr was done on the first day. SEE FIRST post.. :)

Cleaned, then, i bought/installed new one.

No happening in 5 life times...lol

My blazer had most of the same problems, a can of MAF sensor cleaner and about half an hour of cleaning it and i was good, all codes cleared themselves and to this day i haven't had another code. It didn't look dirty either, but a 10 dollar can of cleaner its better then replacing all my O2 sensors like the "professional" was telling me

Im seeing no MAF triggers, not O2 codes....

Spider rail, and pressure reg is on order all ready.

Wont see it till around mid next week........ im confident on THIS repair.

Also, ... im not paying for the fuel pump. Not the part, not the labor. Phone call made that official. ...

Sounds like Egr, I have a 3.8l that one day ran just kjkr that out of the blue. Had a sulfer smell. Was a simple thing called a Egr. Something to do with takeing exhaust through it to make the idel smooth. What happens over time is it get all clogged up with sulfer shit.

Don't know for sure if thats it but here is a video that will shoe you what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07nC6sQ2FI

Egr was done on the first day. SEE FIRST post.. :)

Cleaned, then, i bought/installed new one.

No happening in 5 life times...lol

Im seeing no MAF triggers, not O2 codes....

Spider rail, and pressure reg is on order all ready.

Wont see it till around mid next week........ im confident on THIS repair.

Also, ... im not paying for the fuel pump. Not the part, not the labor. Phone call made that official. ...

Keep us posted on this...

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have to run a standalone tranny controller too? Or could he use the factory PCM? Off topic..

tranny should be fine as long as he doesnt mess with the cylinder ignition system. you remove the tach signal from the pcm and shit gets fucked up in a hurry.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

My dad told my a lot of those 4.3 had soft cams. But he also said that smell you had was usually a bad cat. But the cat may be bad because the came is worn out causing shity exhaust and trashing the cats. Just food for thought,

Archived