Second Skin Audio

why you don't buy prefab!

Aj11

Once I had an obcon prefab baffle come apart from 2 12s on a 1500 rms amp I wont go back to prefab. Literally went to pull the subs out and the baffle started coming up. Cut the fabric and the baffle came off in 2 pieces. Went into the burn pit and my kids roasted marsh mellows on it lol.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I've seen allot Come undone

but hey the company makes allot doing it and kids keep buying them.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I've seen allot Come undone

but hey the company makes allot doing it and kids keep buying them.

that's because local dealers tell them that their cheap overpriced paper weight with only max rating marketed are perfect for prefabs.

I had a local dealer tell me they couldn't build a better box then the prefabs they sell, first thought was wow, I will never spend money here.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

yea you'll be in the 145 and thats exactly what I'm.going for to. but i only got one sub to do it. granted Its a $7++ 3,000w monster but i think i can do it. Also higher tune = higher score!

Holy fuck, $700+ for that sub? That's Shd, team fi, level 6 money

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

yea you'll be in the 145 and thats exactly what I'm.going for to. but i only got one sub to do it. granted Its a $7++ 3,000w monster but i think i can do it. Also higher tune = higher score!

Holy fuck, $700+ for that sub? That's Shd, team fi, level 6 money

yup sure is, i fell in love with ct sounds. and I'm still not 100% sure on the price yet. that's what I've heard. but its 3000w rms with no max rating for burps. that i do know. i was looking at the z4 level 6 and teams but i wanted to stay true to ct. i like everything about there company. especially that the owner is the same age as Me.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Dude you're running an AB500.1 I hope to god you are doing a 148 on the dash. I have done a 150 on the dash with a single 15 and 1700 watts out of the trunk so I'm not sure I'd act all hard out of my 148 in a modified prefab for 2 12s off an amp that is capable of making 5kw.

Hey man, firstly, sounds like I rustled your jimmies a bit. That was not the plan.

Secondly it sounds like you have access to a lot more materials and testing then I do and have been able to and have pinpointed a very efficient setup. Kudos to that.

My only intention was to diverge some on the negative stereotypes in this sport. Whether this came off as braggy to you is, put bluntly, not my problem. Good luck to you buddy.

Nah bro you didn't rattle me at all. You just came across as trying to be a boss cause you were using a prefab and doing the number you are. My point was its not as impressive as you were trying to make it sound since your running a 5kw amp. No disrespect and I'm not trying to be an ass, but I thought it was rather funny how you appeared to be is all.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

both atrend boxes i had.were real strong! but this freaking thing... i feel like Its built out of the pre cut karate boards!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff